The Business Investment, Risk and Reinsurance
Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance. Insurance, Consulting and Technology
Insurance Consulting and Technology (ICT) forms part of the Investment, Risk and Reinsurance (IRR) segment at Willis Towers Watson. ICT is primarily focused on the insurance industry providing consultancy to leading global insurers in the Life & PC sector. As an advisor to more than three-quarters of the world's major insurers, Willis Towers Watson's Insurance Consulting and Software business is the industry's Foremost risk specialist and a leader in reserving, pricing, and financial modelling. Our software solutions underpin a variety of activities, ranging from asset-liability modelling, pricing, reserving to economic capital aggregation and allocation.
We use our deep analytical skills to solve practical business problems, applying the latest techniques and software solutions to help clients improve their performance and create a competitive advantage. The Role Please note this role will be based in Reigate or London and will require flexibility from the successful candidate to travel between different locations as necessary.
We are looking for an experienced reserving actuary or analyst to join Willis Towers Watson as a consultant in our general insurance practice to help us further develop our market leading reserving practice.
You will deliver high quality work for our broad set of clients working with our existing team of reserving specialist. You will be expected to manage projects from conception through to delivery, including managing the day to day client communications and managing junior colleagues working on the projects.
You will have immediate exposure to client assignments which will draw on your imagination and creativity as well as your ability to analyse data, apply your insurance market experience, draw conclusions and present model results. You will also have the opportunity to work with our team of pricing, underwriting, finance and claims experts in this area as part of our broader offering to clients. These experiences will help build on your technical and overall industry knowledge.
The role will involve:
The Requirements Essential
- Undertaking substantial workstreams in large reserving projects and providing day-to-day input to projects, working with project leaders to understand overall priorities.
- Participating in regular interaction with clients.
- Producing reports / communications with a client focus and working to provide solutions for senior project leaders.
- Designing and/or implementing efficient reserving processes and effective methodologies on new and existing client engagements.
- Working collaboratively on a range of projects / internal responsibilities and managing deadlines and priorities appropriately.
- Developing a profile within UK, European or global initiatives, working to support the delivery of commercially important work stream(s).
- Recognising the importance of intellectual capital and working with others to prioritise this appropriately.
- Leveraging knowledge through training, development and mentoring of other colleagues.
- Taking an active role within client relationship management and business development when required.
- Collaborating with a wide variety of people within the organisation in order to ensure best solutions to client needs, including with Reserving, Pricing and Capital colleagues from our EMEA, Asia Pacific, and US offices.
- Proactively identifying innovation opportunities.
- Demonstrating the Willis Towers Watson values of Client Focus, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
- Qualified or nearly qualified actuary. We will also consider strong candidates that are not qualified or who have stopped taking the exams.
- Non-life insurance background, with strong reserving experience
- Strong working knowledge of commercial and/or personal lines insurance and reserving techniques
- An interest and aptitude for developing new ideas and techniques
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow colleagues
- Ability to write client deliverables/reports in a clear, concise and appropriate style
- Proactive, energetic, and can demonstrate being a “safe pair of hands”
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Competent Microsoft Excel user
- Willingness to travel to client sites when required
- Experience of using ResQ, our market leading reserving software
- Experience of VBA, Microsoft Access and/or SQL
- Experience of reserve process and transformations of those processes
- Consulting experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER