Role ideally based in Nottingham or Rugby, Leeds considered. About the Role
Experian is recruiting for .Net Lead Developers to work within the UK&I Solutions team. You'll be responsible for all aspects of the development life cycle, driving improvement in quality code, defects, security and resilience. You are likely to be leading an offshore development team and will partner with them to ensure the project meets the requirements and quality required.
As .Net Lead Developer, we need you to have experience in .Net/C# framework, tools such as Jira, Jenkins, Git and working in an agile or waterfall development methodology.
Day to day, your responsibilities will be to partner with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers and Test Leads, translating non-technical and technical requirements to appropriate audiences.
Ensuring great designs and the development of good software that meets the enterprise needs with high quality.
We'd also like you to take responsibility for the integrity of the software, ensuring technical debt is managed effectively (avoid creating it & remove it whenever there's opportunity) and making sure that we are working to & feeding into development standards & best practices at all times.
We want to know our people are in good hands, so you will need to have proven experience in a leadership role within a technical environment - you'll also need to support and develop our junior staff, as well as define and contribute to the achievement of our departmental objectives.
We have offices in Leeds, Nottingham and London so we can be flexible on the location you'll be based from - when you hit apply, just let us know which location you'd prefer.
In light of Experian's flexible working approach, we are able to offer this role on a flexible working basis - this can be part-time or full time, condensed hours to fit around you to ensure work/life balance or job share. Let us know what works best for you when you hit 'apply.' About Experian
Experian unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximise every opportunity. We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organisations prevent identity fraud and crime. For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our diverse workforce is part of the reason for our success. We want everyone to succeed, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, sexuality, experience, physical ability, age or thinking style. Our talent strategy reflects our commitment to searching the globe for the very best candidates so that we can innovate and deliver the needs of our increasingly diverse clients and consumers. Our progressive policies, such as flexible working hours, ensure that our employees can flourish no matter what their individual circumstance.
As a .Net Lead Developer
, you will;
- Translate business requirements into a sound technical solution to meet customer requirements. This will take accuracy throughout design, development and testing through to implementation
- Program new and complex programs/systems, and make any amendments to existing ones
- Lead the root cause investigation/identification of bugs and/or defects, and provide a review of test results to ensure the software meets customer requirements. This will include an evaluation of third party tools, products and new technology.
- Be technically competent within a delivery platform (IIS, Windows, etc.)
- Be familiar with different development methodologies (Waterfall and Agile) and a range of technologies (.Net, Web Development - screened/screen-less, etc.) with willingness to learn more
- Have a full understanding, monitoring and enforcement of the required technical governance processes such as Design Approval, Implementation Reviews and Change Management.
- Meet deadlines, and conduct appropriate escalation of issues to line manager with recommended solutions, and the ability to action these solutions where appropriate
- Carry out system integration testing effectively, as and when required
- Offer technical support for feasibility, estimating and scheduling of projects and will prove technical updates regarding your own or the team's delivery, specifically targeted to key stakeholders
- Be degree qualified in a software development discipline, or equivalent level of relevant experience.
Please note - we are offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits for this role.