As a Non Destructive Evaluation Engineer in Rolls-Royce (Automated Inspection) you will be an integral part of our non-destructive testing group. As part of this team, you will help us to provide a comprehensive range of integrated surface inspection, non-destructive examination (NDE) and condition monitoring services for all phases of the nuclear reactor lifecycle.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.Key Accountabilities
- You will be responsible for the design, development, justification and application of high integrity inspection techniques.
- You will develop advanced automated ultrasonic and eddy current inspection techniques including state-of-the-art phased array inspection capabilities for use on naval reactor plant.
- Working across a range of areas, you will be involved in the testing of high integrity components through all stages of life.
- You will operate as part of a close knit team with technical excellence and customer satisfaction high on the agenda and be responsible for developing and implementing new methods of non-destructive examination, using bespoke remotely operated machines.
- With quality paramount to the success of our business, you will be required to demonstrate compliance to relevant company, national, and international standards to a level beyond reproach.
- An experience in developing and justifying inspection techniques in accordance with European Network for Inspection and Qualification methodology- ideally from heavily regulated industries, where high levels of reliability and integrity are required.
- Professional qualifications in NDT are highly beneficial (e.g. PCN, SNT, ASNT, MIPS, GUIDE), with the ideal candidate qualified in UT and ET techniques.
- An experience in the operation of Automated Ultrasonic Testing (AUT) systems or similar would be favourable.
- A demonstrable ability to work in a highly technical environment, in multidisciplinary teams and to tight deadlines is required.
- The ability to provide clear, concise and accurate technical reports, and candidates experienced in the production of technical justifications will be at a distinct advantage.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or physics is desirable.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.Pioneer
an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.Beyond tomorrow
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here .
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
This role is subject to Full UK Security Clearance.
Closing date: 19th AugustJob Category
Engineering Materials Posting Date
05 Aug 2019; 00:08