BAE Systems National Security Academy - Software Engineering Apprenticeship. London/Gloucester/Leeds/Manchester In order to apply for this Apprenticeship, please do so, through:
Our National Security Academy is unique. Designed to develop individuals with the confidence and technical capability to support a safer future, you will be provided with the tools, training and support you need to become a rounded Software Engineer in the National Security sector whilst gaining a Level 4 Apprenticeship in Software Engineering.
You may have some work experience within IT, or you might be a Graduate or non-Graduate who has a passion for IT - if so, the National Security Academy could be for you. The programme will provide you with the technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to work with confidence in a wide variety of challenging business environments.
Whilst you progress through our National Security Academy we will support you through the UK Security clearance process up to DV level which will allow you to work with our more sensitive projects in support of the UK Government. To be successful in this role you must be eligible to apply for UK DV clearance and be over the age of 21. Read more about DV clearance using the link below: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
The National Security Academy is delivered in partnership with QA Apprenticeships and is located within one of QA's world leading training centres based close to Manchester. With purpose built locations, candidates will learn and develop together and feel part of the programme from day one. On completion of the initial training phase, 16 weeks in total, learners will then deploy into permanent roles in either London or Gloucester.
This role is suitable for graduates or non-graduates who are looking to enhance their current skill or change careers. Key Programme features
What's in it for you?
- An integrated programme delivering learning that supports a strong sense of progression, continuity and collaboration whilst building IT excellence.
- A strong foundation in practical interpersonal and business skills
- Working in teams utilising Agile methodologies
- Industry recognised qualifications including: Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship; Oracle Java Certified; BCS Level 4 Diploma in Software Development Methodologies; Microsoft MTA HTML Level 5 Application Development fundamentals.
- Subject Matter Experts (SME's) imparting experience and knowledge to ensure you have the skills to succeed
- Practical experience of hands-on learning to solve real life business challenges
Reward & Benefits
- Industry leading intensive training by QA Apprenticeships for 4 months, supporting your development to becoming a skilled, work-ready Software Engineer. The training will be held in QA's Manchester facility;
- Candidates will be Security Cleared at the highest level in order to support government contracts;
- On completion of the training you will have achieved SFIA level 3 competency in Software Engineering as well as other industry recognised qualifications;
- Support and mentorship from BAE Systems National Security subject matter experts
- A demanding and rewarding career in National Security - making the world a safer place.
- £20k salary during training
- Market leading £26k salary upon completion of the 16 weeks of training
- Regular uplifts in salary throughout the programme
- Fully funded training
- 25 days holiday per year, with the option to buy/sell additional days
- Pension scheme
- Car lease and share schemes
- Pick and mix benefits package
- Wide variety of development and training opportunities.
In order to be eligible to apply for this role you must:
- Be 21 or over
- Be eligible for DV clearance
- Numerate - demonstrated by GCSE Mathematics (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- Literate - demonstrated by GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade C (or equivalent) or above
- Be able to demonstrate a passion for IT
Should your initial application be successful, you will be contacted by the recruiter with further information. Likely assessment activities include:
- CV submission & review (through QA careers page)
- Python testing
- Assessment Centre
- Medical & Security checks
If successful you will be contacted by our recruitment team and invited to an assessment day. The start date for this role will be in April 2020.
BAE Systems is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at BAE Systems, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process. In order to apply for this Apprenticeship, please do so, through:
https://eu7.advorto.com/QAApprenticeships/VacancyInformation.aspx?VId=65029&utm_source=BAEdirect&utm_medium=clwebsite Applicants will be expected to be medically fit as deemed necessary to perform the role, be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve DV security clearance. About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.