The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base, liquidity and franchise. The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process. Within the EMEA Risk Management Division, the recently established EMEA Central Projects Governance team co-ordinates across multiple risk pillars to deliver cross-functional projects.
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks. You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
The role will reside within the Firm Risk Management's Market Risk Department in London. The Vice President role will cover algorithmic trading across all asset classes and will be reporting directly to the Head of Market Risk eTrading. We seek candidates with a strong desire to learn and the ability to work well as both an individual and as a member of the larger regional and global team.
• Oversight of trading limits and controls to ensure the business is taking risk consistent with the Firm's strategy (including review of intraday limit framework and limit utilizations).
• Work directly with a diverse set of stakeholders including: Sales and Trading Business Units, Quantitative Strategists, Business Unit Risk Management, Compliance, Technology and Operations. Maintain active dialogue with trading desks, risk management colleagues, information technology and other support groups regarding trading and hedging strategies, risk representation, and limit compliance.
• Communicate key risks to senior management on a regular basis, including creation of presentations articulating key risks. Escalate emerging or developing risks as the technological landscape evolves.
• Implementation of the governance and controls policy for MRD including assisting in the development of new controls where appropriate.
• Review and analysis of algorithms, including controls and testing methods, as part of 2nd Line of Defense oversight of algorithmic validation.
• Design, development and maintenance of any application and reporting tools that are necessary to evidence the governance of algorithmic trading and oversight
• 3 years of experience in a role with direct exposure to electronic trading (Trading Systems Support, Technology, Quality Assurance (QA), Operations, etc.)
• Experience with electronic trading technologies and concepts such as experience in algorithm development, including FIX messaging, market micro-structure, regulatory rules, and market data.
• An excellent academic background, including an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as economics, finance, sciences or engineering. Additional qualifications, such as an FRM, would also be looked upon favorably.
• Proactive with the ability to work as both part of a close-knit team and independently.
• Excellent communication skills for written, graphical and verbal presentation.
• Strong knowledge of financial products. Business analysis, program/project management, involvement in governance preferred.
• Proficiency with a variety of IT applications as well as a good understanding of programming is advantageous.
• Experience with Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC), testing and QA very desirable.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.