Posted on June 11, 2019
Term: Permanent Reports to: Partner Practice group:
Location: Milton Keynes Purpose of role
To deliver outstanding secretarial support to partners and fee earners within the Real Estate Litigation department, with a focus on client service. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about delivering a professional secretarial service of the highest quality.
- Creating/amending documents and letters
- Digital dictation
- Collating billing guides, drafting narratives and covering letters to clients/liaising with accounts team on billing matters
- Time recording
- Updating/adding contacts to InterAction
- Photocopying, filing and scanning
- Daily email management
- File opening
- Ordering Land Registry documents on Land Registry portal
- Completing bank transfer forms (CHAPS, BACS etc.)
- Taking telephone calls, dealing with queries where able or otherwise communicating these to fee earner
- Updating and reporting to clients on own initiative or upon request
- Diary management
- Submitting fee earner expense claims, arranging travel, meetings and conference calls
- File closing
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Previous work experience in a Real Estate Litigation team is preferable but not essential
- Real Estate sector knowledge and experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Proven experience within a similar secretarial role
- Fast, accurate typing skills
- Ability to turn around large documents at speed
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Excel and advanced Powerpoint skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative and remain calm under pressure
- Sound team player
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- Pro-active and "can do" attitude
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours to meet clients' expectations
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com .
Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please contact Jo Wilson at+44 20 7320 6766.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email email@example.com - Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email .
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.