Posted on May 9, 2019 PQE:
Permanent Practice group:
Property Litigation Location:
Milton Keynes Purpose of role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a junior lawyer to join our eminent Tier 1 rated Property Litigation team in Milton Keynes.
This thriving, progressive and growing practice is run by two partners. Bryan Johnston is described by Legal 500 as being 'sensible and pragmatic with excellent client handling skills' and 'runs an excellent team of property litigators'. David Payton is 'a pleasure to work with'.
The role spans across all contentious aspects of property related litigation for both commercial and residential clients. Typical work areas include development disputes, advising on property contracts, all aspects of landlord and tenant work, leasehold enfranchisement, property insolvency, advising on restrictive covenants and easements.
The successful candidate will join, learn and be mentored by an ''outstanding' team of lawyers that has 'a solid knowledge base" and fields an exceptional and enviable portfolio of clients.
The role would be ideal for a dynamic and motivated junior solicitor. This position offers a wide and varied workload coupled with excellent career prospects.
- You will take a supporting role on a variety of disputes across a range of sectors
- Running own caseload and matters under supervision of senior members of team
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Advise on day-to-day property litigation issues for a variety of clients
- Contribute to business development activities, including participating in a dedicated business development group for junior lawyers at the firm
- Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally
Required experience, skills and attributes Technical skills
- You will possess a strong academic record, including a 2:1 degree or equivalent
- You have the ability to work with a degree of independence
- Good understanding of property law
- You will possess good drafting skills and legal research ability
- Is dedicated to exceptional client service
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills
- Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development
- Is a committed team player with a willingness to learn and contribute to the success of the team as a whole
- Enthusiasm for real estate litigation and the real estate industry
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email email@example.com - Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email.
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com .