Closely work with Business Development team and the Bank Partner(s) planning all marketing activities; predominantly merchant acquiring related. Developing and managing activity plans alongside consistent reviews and optimization of activities. This will necessitate the review of the success or otherwise of their marketing activities and communication of the results to the team. The incumbent will also have the opportunity to contribute thought leadership on Bank's marketing plans and identify opportunities that will drive aggressive growth in the market(s).
Acquiring Focused Planning and Execution
Work with Bank Partners to develop robust plans and successfully drive growth in coverage, welcome acceptance and visibility of acceptance / perception of coverage
General Marketing execution
Work with the Bank Partner on development and delivery of marketing activities aimed to grow acquiring and issuing business of AMEX. Activities can cover all aspects of marketing (acquiring as focus; also issuing). Examples could be segmentation, acquisition, welcome engagement, research, advertising, PR, product development, distribution channel expansion, loyalty, activation, perception of coverage growth and others. Provide subject matter expertise and influence Partner's activities through data and best practice driven approach. All marketing initiatives will be delivered on time and on budget, ensuring acquiring KPIs, NCA and Billed Business targets are met. Application and generation of best practices will be critical to successful campaigns.
Develop strong relationships with partners to get buy in to marketing plans and ensure flawless execution of key plans and strategies. Work with Business Development counterparts to ensure American Express achieves all stated growth and market share goals with the overall aim of being the preferred network of choice; aiming for 75% coverage delivery in Partnership markets. Fully utilize appropriate internal partners (from their leader to cross functional project contributors) to bring together the combined resources and expertise of American Express to support ours and our partners' growth in the markets.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.Qualifications
- Solid merchant / card issuing marketing practitioner, with tenured relevant experience. Additional issuance experience strongly preferred
- Marketing acumen: must have hands on practical executional experience with different elements of the merchant marketing discipline. Inclusive acquiring marketing, welcome engagement, POP distribution, as well as other tools to drive welcome acceptance and visibility of AMEX in the market's merchants
- Influencing skills: ability to inspire, influence and work with external Bank Partners and diverse group of internal contacts
- Driving Results: proven record of driving results. Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong existing experience of delivering business results through external to AMEX Partnerships
- Flexibility and change management: an ability to embrace and drive change essential
- Solid numeric and financial acumen: have experience of producing issuance KPI plans/tracking, campaign performance assessment, general budget management
- Optimistic and highly motivated, with a good sense of when to seek advice and when to act autonomously and independently
- Multi-Tasking: ability to manage and drive multiple projects; clearly identify and align priorities cross lines of business
- Desire to learn and develop: ability to pro-actively seek knowledge and best practice in order to increase own acumen and ability to influence Partners on respective subjects
- Self-starter: eager and able to seek new information, establish relationships and leverage those to shape growth activity proposals and implementation
- Russian language preferred but not essential
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.