As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass insurance products, selectively focusing on key areas of expertise and strength, all of which is underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way. Defined by our strong moral fibre we prioritise above all else the principle of doing what we say we will. Insuring the unique and interesting, our search for talent is the same. We empower our people to think creatively, challenge the status quo and approach things with a solutions focused lense. This results is us being able to provide the type of insurance solutions which are often too complex for other insurance companies, we find a way where others give up.
Our straight talking culture is not for everyone but allows us to strive to improve everything we do and never settle. Trust is integral to how we operate and it allows us to work in an environment where every role has a high level of autonomy; freedom to forge your path and help set the wider agenda is evident in all parts of the organisation. Through embracing an environment that brings together people who are unique and interesting we are ensuring we build a company where teams don't all think the same - this, combined with a culture where courage to say what you think is not only actively encouraged but is central to our business model has defined our success.
If you thrive in a challenging and collaborative environment where you are trusted to work instinctively and know the company will stretch you to your full potential look no further. Business area:
As one of the leading syndicates in the Lloyd's of London insurance market, Hiscox London Market promises to be an exciting place to be over the coming months as we bring to life our vision, "to lead the way in emerging risks", and drive forward a host of new marketing plans and initiatives for our investment lines - and for the marketing team, we are striving to be bigger and better than ever before to help the business reach their growth targets. From internal communications, PR and marketing strategies, to the creative side of promotional literature and sales tools, you will be at the heart of making it all happen. The Role:
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
This is a fantastic time to join Hiscox during a period of focused growth where you will have the remit to make a real difference. Working as part of a team you will be responsible for delivering the annual marketing plan to help support the London Market business achieve the objectives for the investment lines. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your skills in a financial marketing environment for a respected brand and contribute to the successful delivery of our marketing strategy. Key Responsibilities:
- Execute the annual marketing plan, including:
- Working on innovative campaigns, including events, to bring to life the London Market vision, putting Hiscox top-of-mind for our target audiences
- Manage and execute the content marketing strategy including:Manage Hiscox London Market's LinkedIn.
- Creation of print and digital content across multiple channels including website, social media, trade press and email.
- Identifying new distribution channels for Hiscox London Market content
- Ownership of www.hiscoxlondonmarket.com - making sure that content gets updated and refreshed to drive traffic and engagement. Monitor feedback and site analytics to consistently improve website performance and our dialogue with brokers.
- Own and deliver external email marketing campaigns to drive awareness and growth of investment lines to the broker audience.
- Ownership of the Hiscox Broker Academy training programme, including the management of project budget. Conduct the annual broker survey. Analyse and deliver research to the leadership team and use insights from research to drive new initiatives.
- Relationship management with key stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure marketing plans add-value to the business and are executed in a timely and cost effective way.
- Support in the delivery of integrated marketing plans with key partners.
- Assist brokers/coverholders in the execution of their own marketing activity by producing white labelled content.
- Monitoring of all activity, reporting on key metrics to demonstrate the success of campaigns (including ROI, web traffic, email click-through rates)
- Ensure the Hiscox brand is consistent with brand and digital guidelines in all activity (including communications from third parties referencing Hiscox).
- Regular communication with stakeholders in the wider marketing team to ensure we are using/sharing best practice and build strong relationships with other Hiscox departments (including claims, operations and compliance) to obtain support, input and approval
- Liaise with agencies and third party suppliers across a range of disciplines to execute marketing activity
Person Specification: Person Specification:
This is a high profile role within the business as you will be liaising with senior stakeholders on a daily basis and supporting key relationships with our brokers. It will suit a motivated, self-starter who is ready to take the next step in a supportive team environment. You should be confident giving your opinion and challenging others with respect to help you actively seek a better way of doing things. Essential:
- Degree educated, with proven marketing experience and a passion for delivering, campaigns that deliver measurable success
- Understanding of intermediary channels and how to use marketing within them to reach end customers (in both B2B and B2C environments)
- Ability to liaise and build relationships at all levels, particularly with senior stakeholders and agencies
- Be creative and pragmatic - you will be able to provide recommendations to amend the marketing plan where necessary to achieve sales goals
- Have a clear customer focus and familiarity of using market insight to target audiences, including an appreciation of customer buying cycles
- Proven track record of using marketing to drive profitable sales growth and strong analytical skills, including experience monitoring the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Commercially aware
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) coupled with strong organisational capabilities and attention to detail
- Have a natural interest and passion in brands and how they can be used to drive customer demand
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
- Completed or enrolled in CIM qualification
- Awareness of marketing regulation (data protection, internet advertising codes) and Financial Conduct Authority regulations governing communications
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.
#LI-CM1If you would like to know more about the role, or you are having any difficulties with the application process please send your CV and the four-digit job ref number to[email protected]