Who you'll be working with
As the digital innovation, consulting and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what's next for their organisations. Located in more than 30 offices and 25 creative studios around the world, its 7,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of almost 220,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2019 global revenues of EUR 14.1 billion.
The focus of your role
With the retail industry in the midst of one of the most profound periods of disruption and transformation, retailers need a partner to help them navigate through this - a partner to help them understand the issues, define solutions and steer them on the journey of transformation. Retailers need results more than ever.
Within the UK, we are amongst the fastest growing and most successful retail consultancies, a testament to the tangible results that we continue to deliver with our clients. To continue this exciting growth, we are looking to recruit high calibre End to End Supply Chain Operations experts who can really make a difference for our clients. What You'll do
First, and foremost, you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative solutions for some of the UK's best-known retailers. You will draw on your knowledge to work collaboratively with Capgemini colleagues and our clients to support them in understanding challenges they face and develop and land solutions in their business. We are constantly developing our thinking around the changing face of retail in a digitally enabled world, and you'll be a key part of developing this thinking, making it a reality for our customers in the clothing, non-food and food sectors.
You'll be a key member of the Supply Chain team which blends deep industry knowledge with practical consulting expertise; inventing what's next for our clients. Working with fellow talented colleagues, you'll transform every aspect of a clients' operations to deliver sustained improvements across profitability, efficiency, quality and behavioural change. You'll gain new skills which complement and improve your core expertise, enabling you to make a positive, lasting impact for Capgemini and our clients.
Generally, you'll find yourself working in a multi-disciplinary team, designing and delivering solutions for a large retailer and supporting them to embed change in their business. No one project or day is the same and activities will vary, from strategic thinking sessions, to detailed project planning and analysis, as well as internal thought leadership and professional development.
What you'll bring
You'll bring extensive retail and/ or possibly consumer products experience gained through either operational and change leadership roles in industry, or through delivering major consulting assignments for blue-chip retail clients.
Demonstrable experience across a representative sample of the following:
- Professional experience of, and deep knowledge in distribution/ fulfilment operations, processes and efficiency drivers including one or more of the following areas:
- Inbound transportation
- Outbound warehouse operations, for both store and home delivery
- Warehouse to store transportation
- Home delivery transport operations including working with parcel carriers
- Multi-temperature environments
- Multi-channel and omnichannel operations
- You'll use data and analytics to drive decision making, implement new ways of working and change operational behaviours.
- You'll have worked across the entire operation or part of, leading a cross functional team driving change.
- You demonstrate deep understanding of how distribution/ fulfilment operations impact the customer proposition as well as other areas of the business such as buying and retail operations.
- You can give worked examples of how automation can improve operational performance. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
- You'll bring a working knowledge of the planning and execution systems used in transport and warehouse operations. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
- Knowledge of strategic network modelling tools will also be an advantage.
- You'll be experienced in consultancy methods and approaches, learned through either working for a consulting organisation or via project implementation with a retail organisation.
- Finally, experience of different retail sectors, including fashion, general merchandise, quick food service, and/or grocery business models, potentially with an international dimension.
- You have a passion and understanding for retail transformation in a digital world, with a thirst for thinking 'what is next'.
- You bring a solid track record of successful and profitable project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in our collaborative but sometimes demanding project environment.
- You have a passion for development, coaching others and improving performance.
- You identify business issues, developing possible solutions and taking those into client proposals; and have some experience in selling work to clients.
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently across all levels of Capgemini, client and 3rd party organisations.
- You demonstrate professionalism, flexibility and resilience - being able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
- You're able to articulate your views on the future of Digital Fulfilment, and the retail sector in general.
We are looking for entrepreneurial individuals with the knowledge and creativity to deliver truly inventive solutions to our clients.