London Region Tax is a successful and exciting team of over 300 people, providing advice to London based companies outside of the FTSE 100. The team is split between four core groups - Listed Business, Private Business Private Client, Private Equity, and People & Organisation. London Region Tax's strength lies in its diversity and it is growing strongly.
Our clients are large and medium sized companies, whether privately or publicly owned, and private clients. We look after all aspects of the tax relationship, and work with other lines of service to deliver a wider offering for our clients.
You will become part of a successful team with ample development opportunities and a chance to work with market leaders. You will be encouraged to shape and actively manage your career through a broad variety of projects.
We are looking for either an experienced consultant or manager to join the Listed Business Client team in London Region Tax and specialise in stamp taxes. The role is based in Embankment Place. You will be called upon to play a key role in delivering quality stamp tax advice (stamp duty, stamp duty land tax, Scottish land and buildings transaction tax, Welsh land transaction tax, annual tax on enveloped dwellings, stamp duty reserve tax etc).
As a stamp tax specialist you would also be part of the UK stamp taxes network, which has over 25 specialists spread out across the UK and advises on transactions in a range of areas, including; real estate, corporate reorganisations, banking and capital markets and asset management from private clients / private business to FTSE 100 and multinationals.
Some of the services provided by the stamp specialists in the LRT team include
- Performing Tax Due Diligence reviews which involve looking at existing and potential tax issues, tax compliance and tax risks for clients wishing to sell/acquire businesses.
- Provide Tax Structuring advice to help clients operate their business in the most tax efficient manner e.g. optimal acquisition or disposal structures from stamp perspective .
- Deal Implementation, to assist with appropriate documentation of deals, in accordance with the proposed Tax Structuring.
- Pre and post deal services, including assisting clients with stamp taxes aspects of pre and post-acquisition restructuring (e.g. adjudications, exemption claims, lodgments).
You will be expected to work under your own initiative to draw on your own and other PwC expertise to deliver the stamp tax aspects of transactions and help solve problems. A key aspect is liaising effectively with other advisers and playing a key role in managing and developing relationships clients and junior members of the team.
The role offers high levels of responsibility, the satisfaction of working on interesting and challenging assignments and participation in a successful team as well as opportunities to develop new offerings and ways of delivering stamp tax advice for our clients.
Your day to day duties will include
- Managing stamp tax advice and implications on an ever changing deal portfolio.
- Delivering bespoke stamp tax advice, working closely with direct tax specialists as well as other parts of PwC (e.g. advisory, legal) in order to best service your client's needs.
- Working closely with other members of the LRT team and stamp taxes network on a wide variety of transactions.
- Experience providing stamp tax advice for a professional services firm or Government Agency in any jurisdiction (essential) and experience of advising on UK stamp taxes (desirable)
- Ability to work well in a team
- Evidence of managing projects for key clients
- Experience of leading and coaching others
- Experience in building and leveraging internal and external relationships and networks
- An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines
- Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others