People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people - related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business issues.
PAS has been targeted as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people's capabilities at a time when global demand for talent and scare skills is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through the entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, inclusion, organisational development and culture. The opportunity
EY is looking someone to undertake data analysis to assist high profile strategy analytics projects.
The person appointed will work closely with the senior project delivery leads both firm and client side to synthesise and analyse both internal and external data to provide strategic insights to clients.
The team is seeking high-caliber professionals with a specific focus on data management, data investigation and insight, predictive modeling and data visualisation. This is an important position requiring both technical knowledge and business awareness, providing opportunities for motivated candidates to contribute to solving complex client problems.
Our projects include a wide variety of areas, including labour market analysis (regulatory, economic, etc.), scenario planning, predictive models, econometric forecasts, and other items of strategic and operational importance to the firm and clients alike.
With the firm's current focus on meeting Vision 2020 , the Workforce Design & Analytics team is charged to help achieve a 'step change' in the development and execution of our strategic agenda through exceptional client service and delivery. By leveraging data, statistics, the appointed candidate will provide within client projects robust, fact-based analyses, models and databases that focuses on delivering business insights and perspectives to facilitate strategic discussions among client teams.
The team's role includes acting as a trusted advisor to key clients at all levels to enable them to make evidence based decisions on critical strategic, operational and tactical issues. Your key responsibilities
Investigating and specifying data requirements:
- Assessing data coverage and quality
- Defining suitable data history requirements
- Working with our off shore support teams (GDS) to enhance and maintain data used to support our analytics capabilities
Supporting key projects such as workforce planning, employee engagement or continuous listening data analysis by:
- Liaising with internal clients
- Developing models
- Developing suitable reporting systems
- Specifying requirements to our off-shore support teams
Developing data analysis outputs:
- Creating visualisations to explain complex concepts
- Develop presentation and insight report packs
- Provide best practice advice and support
Developing models to support and inform client outcomes:
To qualify for the role you must have
- Enabling greater insights through engaging with other service lines across various geographies within the firm (e.g. Tax, GDS, Markets)
- Using the results of the analysis to create persuasive presentations
- Developing reporting systems to more widely distribute the results of analysis
- Application and adherence to GDPR, people data governance and data privacy polices
- Cognisant in the use and application of local data privacy and information security law
Ideally, you'll also have
- Ability to quickly grasp complex business problems, develop a rational framework for investigating the problems
- Understanding of engagement economics and business finance
- First hand knowledge and practical application in designing and implementing complex data structures, including data analysis and problem solving
- Application of predictive modeling and statistical methods - such as R, Python, SPSS
- Experience with data visualisation and reporting systems such as PowerBI,Tableau or Spotfire
- Strong academic record, preferably a degree in a technical domain (e.g., Psychology, Statistics, IT, Math, Engineering, Econometrics, Science)
- Experience in the professional services, data supplier or consulting environment
- Using relational database, including the development of SQL queries to extract and manage large volumes of data
Skills and attributes for success
- Strategic, operational and tactical workforce planning experience within a large, complex, multinational organisation is desirable, but not essential
- A primary degree and any post graduate degrees and professional qualifications are desirable but not critical e.g. CIPD
- Experience of working on projects within a professional services firm, global consultancy firm and/or large private and/or public sector organisations
Qualifications: What we look for
- Data/ Visualisation skills e.g. Microsoft PowerBI, IBM SPSS, Python, Tableau
- Computer Skills: Microsoft 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Teams, Azure DevOps, SharePoint), OrgPublisher
- Flexibility and comfort in a rapidly changing environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to deal with and manage uncertainty and incomplete information
We are looking for people who can demonstrate real impact within talent insights for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS network to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build and develop their talent pool. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you're rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client's activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we're continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.