Manager, Indirect Tax Job Code:
1135474 Skill Band:
United Kingdom - London Type:
Permanent Date Posted:
29 May 2019 Manager, Indirect Tax One Lime Street, London About Us
The Tax Department manages the tax affairs of the Corporation and provides support and assistance to the Lloyd's Market on tax matters affecting the Market, including the filing of tax returns and payment of taxes. It also represents the interests of the Lloyd's Market with UK and overseas tax authorities.
The Department consists of three teams, Direct tax, Indirect Tax and Tax Operations. The Indirect team manages the VAT affairs of the Corporation, provides generic advice on tax issues affecting members and syndicates, and manages the payment of certain taxes for the market The Role
The role has a significant UK and overseas VAT component but also involves supporting the Lloyd's market in relation to overseas premium taxes, including providing technical support to the market, taking responsibility for preparing and filing tax returns, dealing with UK and overseas premium tax issues as they arise and responding to audits by tax authorities. What Will You Do?
What You'll Need
- Act as principal reviewer of Lloyd's quarterly VAT return.
- Liaise with HMRC on VAT reviews.
- Lead discussions with other departments to review VAT element of contracts.
- Provide technical support to brokers and agents on overseas premium and other taxes.
- Maintain accurate tax information on Crystal (Lloyd's database of tax information).
- Manage premium tax compliance for specified countries.
- Deal with telephone and email queries from brokers and underwriters.
- Provide support on overseas tax authorities' audits, handling queries and data requests.
- Provide technical support on the development and maintenance of the Central Taxes System and other systems used to handle overseas premium taxes.
- Strong data analytic skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong IT skills and the ability to modify existing computer applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate tax-technical issues to a non-tax audience
- Ability to work independently with guidance only on complex issues and organise and prioritise own work
- Ability to work as part of a team and liaise with other departments and external contacts
- Ability to analyse changes in legislation and assess impact of changes on Lloyd's and its members
- Proactive attitude toward identifying issues and recommending solutions based on initiative, experience and understanding of procedures
- Confidence to challenge information provided and to use initiative especially in dealing with areas of ambiguity
- Consultative approach and the ability to manage conflicting view
Either existing knowledge of or the ability to develop an in depth knowledge of:
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
- UK VAT on financial services o premium tax regimes, and Lloyd's specific issues (extensive training will be given in this area)
- insurance and the role of brokers and underwriters of Lloyd's operations in the UK and overseas
- the legal, regulatory, funding and accounting environment at Lloyd's
- Proven experience of indirect taxes
To apply, please visit www.lloyds.com
We are committed to flexible working, therefore if you would like to consider this as a part-time opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: