SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a great opportunity to re-position the SNC-Lavalin brand in the eyes of our markets and ahead of our competitors. The combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-L's offerings combined give us the opportunity to continue our growth. The future of engineering and construction is in the greater use of data, combined with technologies to deliver our services more efficiently and bring different offerings to our clients. From apps, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, to mobility as a service and digital asset management, we are combining our traditional engineering skills with technology to fundamentally change the way we do things.
SNCL currently has a requirement for Manager, Employee Benefits.
This Manager role is a 12-18 month fixed term contract managing employee benefits in the SNC-Lavalin Total Reward team to cover maternity leave based in either Epsom or Bristol. This role is responsible for the management of employee benefits in UK, Europe and Asia Pacific. Reporting to the UKE Head of Pension & Benefits, this role additionally has a dotted line to the Global Benefits lead.
This role has one direct report, the Benefit Consultant, supporting the UKE region. The Asia Pacific compensation and benefits team reports through the compensation business partner with a dotted line into this role. UKE accountabilities
This role, along with the benefit consultant, is responsible for the successful delivery of the benefits programme to 9,000 employees in the UK.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the annual system-led flexible benefits renewal activities, overseeing the following activities:
- Programme design
- Employee communications
- Stakeholder engagement
- Management of the third-party supplier
- Successful execution of test strategy including User Acceptance Testing
- Data integrity
- Data interface specifications inc, payroll
- Lead the UK annual health and risk insurance renewal working with the company's brokers.
- Lead the UK Health and Wellbeing agenda focused on three pillars (mental, physical, financial), responsibilities include:
- Lead the quarterly health and wellbeing steering committees and monthly check in calls.
- Active role in the all employee webinars.
- Oversee the UK benefits team delivery of the annual fitness funding programme.
- Feed into the global health and wellbeing strategy.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of the global Recognition programme #wow:
- For the UK this means supporting the superuser, enabling monthly/quarterly reporting for key stakeholders, budget management, ongoing communications.
- For Europe this means support the implementation of the programme in this region during 2020.
- Lead the company car steering committee;
- Set agenda and lead quarterly meetings
- Responsible for car / car allowance policy
- Support with any car related communications
The UK benefits team are also required to support with ad-hoc requests from the European regions.Asia Pacific accountabilities
This role, along with the team in Asia and India, is responsible for the successful delivery of the benefits programme to c. 3,000 employees across the Asia Pacific region.
- Project Management of the successful delivery of benefit alignment in India (June - July 2020) and Asia (January 2021).
- Active role in the successful delivery of the global Recognition programme #wow:
- For India this means monthly/quarterly reporting is available to key stakeholders, budget management, ongoing communications.
- For Asia this means playing an active role in the implementation of the programme in this region during Q4 2020.
- Responsible for annual health and risk insurance renewals in India, China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia working with the company's local brokers.
- Educated to degree level
- CIPD qualifications would be an advantage
- Pro-active trouble shooter.
- Experience of working in the benefits arena ideally on a multi-country basis
- Experience of working with third party flexible benefits providers
- Customer focus and service excellence
- HR/Benefits systems knowledge
- Analytical skills with articulate and creative thinking to offer innovative and practical solutions
- Strong relationship and communication skills (both verbally and in writing)
- Interpersonal/networking/presentation skills
- Experience in implementing benefit change projects
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in planning, coordinating, executing, and evaluating projects
SNCLoffers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com Security Clearance: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.