Legal departments are facing significant pressure to demonstrate greater efficiencies and value. New regulations, technologies and events are prompting legal departments to explore new ways to optimize their functions, reduce costs and provide value to the overall organization. Legal operations in general, and managed services in particular, is one of the fastest growing segments of the legal services market, estimated to be worth over USD3bn.
The investment in legal operations is at the center of the growth strategy for EY Law, as part of an integrated set of 'Enterprise Legal Services' which addresses the complex advisory and operations needs of the modern legal department and puts EY's multidisciplinary offerings at the disposal of General Counsel.
Within our Enterprise Legal Services, the EY Legal Function Consulting (LFC) team is dedicated to helping companies assess the complexities of delivering value and managing risk in their corporate legal functions through the improvement of people, process and technology. This is an exciting time for LFC, as we build out our practice across EMEIA and we are looking for the right people with the right skills and proven delivery experience to be part of this strategy.
The LFC team is part of EY's EMEIA Tax Center (ETC), Legal being a sub-service line of Tax at EY. The ETC is unique to EY: we are the only Big 4 professional services firm with a dedicated center of excellence focused on delivering exceptional client service across borders. Our 570 talented ETC professionals are based in 21 countries across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA), and work with clients across the area, regardless of our location or theirs. We provide specialist law, tax, business and technology expertise to address clients' most pressing challenges in an exciting, dynamic tax and business environment, through a broad range of innovative service offerings.
Many client professionals are never trained on building effective legal departments and rely on experts on the LFC team to bring best-in-class ideas and provide the insight and experience on how to implement solutions focused on helping clients improve how they operate their legal function. Nearly all our projects are carried out in a teaming environment at client sites with client personnel often fully involved.
You will get to work with the client legal teams at some of the world's most significant companies and play a pivotal role in re-shaping the delivery of legal services for the future. Team members serve as business advisors and assist clients in transforming their legal processes from investigation phase to full implementation. As a Manager, you will be at the heart of these programmes on a daily basis.Qualifications:
Your key responsibilities
Primary elements of the role include:
Skills and attributes for success
- Operating model assessment, design and transformation - assist the client in identifying improvement opportunities and developing responsive organization operating models and metrics.
- Process and Controls Enhancement - design effective and controlled processes with enabling technologies to increase efficiency and reduce risk.
- Resourcing Strategy - external resourcing profile and spend analysis; developing criteria for the segmentation and allocation of legal work between internal and external resourcing models, metrics and frameworks for effective service management
- Technology optimisation - Assist the client in leveraging technologies they already have to improve processes, controls and data management
- Legal technology consulting - assist the client in evaluating, selecting and implementing third party legal technology solutions that will bring faster and more efficient processing.
- Technology innovation - applying knowledge of emerging technologies to assist the client with opportunities to leverage RPA, AI, Self Service workflows, etc. to drive efficiencies and overall cost reduction across the legal function.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A vision and passion for finding better ways of working and shaping the future of the corporate legal function to provide a better environment for lawyers and the most effective and efficient legal service delivery to their clients and stakeholders
- Ability to investigate complex situations & deliver insightful, practical solutions
- Evidence of client handling skills & impact with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address client needs, develop client relationships and define resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collection
Ideally, you'll also have
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following specialty areas: a) Legal Department Operations, including process optimisation, technology and transformation; b) Legal Knowledge and Information Management; c) Legal Project Management; d) Legal Vendor Management
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of related work experience; Law, Information Systems, Business, Data, Finance, Accounting fields of study preferred.
- Detailed Project Delivery experience
- Skills and experience in Portfolio, Programme and Project Management
- An extensive network within the legal operations and in-house legal community
- Experience of working at, or with, alternative legal service providers
- Excellent skills in presentation, visualisation and data software packages such as MS Powerpoint, Visio and PowerBI
What we look for
This role demands demonstrable delivery and execution experience in legal operations and the ability to develop those skills in others as we build the team, not merely a theoretical appreciation or developing interest in the subject matter. We need someone who can be immediately credible with clients and in the wider market and lead on some of our most challenging client projects, collaborating with senior EY leaders in other specialist areas and managing teams of talented junior professionals. The right candidate will be extremely self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as being creative and collaborative by instinct. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark with us. Apply now. #LI-P "#LI-P"