Colt Data Centre Services (DCS) offers flexible and affordable colocation and IT infrastructure solutions. Our connectivity and colocation solutions allow our customers freedom to plan effectively for the growth of their business, knowing that their data centre strategy is future-proof. Role Title: Manager, DCS Accounting and Reporting Colt Band: M2 Department: Finance (DCS/Group) Role Location: Colt House, London Role Purpose:
- Key liaison role between the Group Finance team and DCS finance team with direct involvement in and management of external reporting requirements for the DCS business.
- Reports to Director of External Reporting and the DCS Financial [D1] Controller
- Management/review of the accounts of Colt Data Centre Services UK and other DCS entities requiring audit
- Provide reporting oversight of and assistance to country, divisional and shared service centre finance teams in a multi-national environment
- Technical IFRS analysis of DCS financial accounting issues, deals and transactions
- Preparation of annual impairment reviews
- Answering of key technical questions raised by DCS and Group Finance teams
- Assistance in key strategic projects to restructure the business
- Undertake varied projects and commercial analysis pertaining to the DCS business
- Prepares and reviews financial data for the production of internal and external financial reports based on IFRS
- Manages monthly accounting meetings with key senior members of the Corporate and DCS finance teams
- Ensures accurate IFRS group accounting, including preparation of technical papers (plus limited US GAAP adjustments with Fidelity assistance)
- Interacts effectively with internal customers in DCS and senior Group Finance management, as well as the external auditors
- Analyses financial trends within the business
- Assists with process and commercial improvement projects
- Undertakes analytical and reporting projects at the request of senior management
- Identifies and manages technical accounting and audit risks for the DCS business
- Excellent opportunity for a Big-4 qualified accountant (Manager) to become a key member of a growing business with key responsibilities and interactions with senior management
- Requires a highly motivated, confident individual who has the ability to lead projects
- This role involves daily interaction with finance teams around the group so the candidate must possess the ability to effectively and confidently communicate up to CFO level
What we offer:
- Analytical background with a solutions-based approach to work
- IFRS qualified, ideally with Listed company/large private experience (audit or direct employment)
- Ability to learn and work with the Group's data analysis system (an excel-based overlay of our ERP system)
Colt DCS is a growing business that is investing in its people. Our people are defined by their ability to make things happen and deliver on their promises. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt DCS recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
Who we are
- Pension and insurance options
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
Colt DCS has a vision to ''to be the most customer centric data centre provider''. We have over 20 years' experience in designing, building and operating energy-efficient, reliable data centres - hosting significant financial, media, corporate and cloud wholesale providers across the world.
We operate 29 state-of-the-art data centres across Europe and Asia Pacific, offering 24/7 security and local language support. We are connected to a further 530+ third party data centres across our network and are able to offer private links into the major public cloud providers.
Privately owned, Colt DCS is one of the most financially sound companies in its industry and able to provide the best customer experience at a competitive price.
For more information, please visit www.colt.net
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to making Colt an inclusive and supportive workplace