Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We're looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Industries Division as a Field Service Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
We are looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer to work in the Machine Tool Motion Control (MC) Customer Service Team who will provide service to Machine Tool customer's throughout the UK, including Northern Ireland and on occasion overseas.
A key part of the MC Service business success is our ability to offer complete service solutions for our range of Machine Tool products. However, as associated technologies within our division will come from many products outside of the Machine Tool range then a good knowledge of these surrounding products is a key advantage. Throughout all aspects of the role there will be a strong focus on the quality of customer service provided to external and internal customers.
What part will you play?
- Provide service solutions that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers in order to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction and retention. In this way we will ensure that the profit, quality and growth expectations of the MC Service business are met and exceeded. A clear focus for this role is ensuring client satisfaction and retention whilst maximising our profitability and revenue.
- Be responsible for servicing, maintaining, commissioning, installing and providing technical support for the range of Machine Tool products.
- Able to provide a consistent approach whilst working under own initiative, with minimal supervision and provide our customers with the highest levels of service possible.
- Partake in a 24/7 "Standby" rota ensuring round the clock cover to key contract and non contract customers adding value to the customer's business.
- Build rapport with colleagues and customers to improve results
- Understand the needs of our customers and markets, speak the customer's language developing credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Continuously seek to add value to the services provided and achieve first time fixes, leading to reduced breakdown times, lower costs to customer, reduction in invoice queries, thus gaining customer satisfaction and retention whilst helping to achieve market leadership.
- Have a commercial awareness and an ability to recognise and pursue new opportunities for sales, contracts, retrofits.
- Ensure that the quality of service provided for each customer meets or exceeds their expectations.
What you need to make real what matters:
- We are looking for suitably qualified technical Engineer's educated to at least HNC level or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering and who have completed a suitable Apprenticeship.
- All applicants must have relevant experience of fault finding, commissioning and maintenance of Machine Tools.
- PC literacy, essential: Various Windows OS, MS Office. Other software packages are used for business purposes and training will be provided as appropriate.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate relevant experience in a similar or appropriate role along with experience in fault finding, commissioning and maintenance of the Siemens Machine Tool range of products. Previous experience of Siemens Sinumerik, Simodrive and Sinamics equipment is essential.
- We are looking for a determined, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who has excellent communication, relationship building and customer care skills. The ability to work under pressure, individual initiative and as part of a team is also a requirement.
Whilst the position is home based on site work, UK and overseas travel along with time in the office will be an essential part of the duties to be performed. The successful candidates will be expected to have a flexible attitude to out of hours working
Siemens Digital Industries is an innovation and technology leader in industrial automation and digitalization. In close cooperation with our partners and customers, we are the driving force for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
#LI-EB Job ID:
Siemens plcExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: