FA - Finance
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: Yes
AIG Europe (Services) Limited
As a critical role in Investments AI success, we are looking to hire Machine Learning Scientists to join our team and contribute to the development and implementation of the algorithmic core of a series of exciting new projects in AIG's global Investments AI team - focused on solving complex business problems.
This is an exciting opportunity for those who want to enjoy state-of-the-art R&D and be challenged and grow as a Machine Learning Scientist; along the way this role will contribute to game-changing products and use AIG's global network to deliver impact and change.Responsibilities and Performance Objectives:
- Employ the existing (and develop new) Machine Learning algorithms that can find patterns in large multi-modal data.
- Provide innovative solutions for the business (e.g., by translating complex commercial problems to Machine Learning problems).
- Be an active member of teams that provide the business with data-driven apps, insight and strategies.
- Participate in, lead, and create cross-functional projects and training.
- For senior roles, lead, inspire and mentor junior scientists and research assistants (interns).
- Communicate (both oral and written) with colleagues and stakeholders (both internal and external).
- Both senior candidates (i.e., with years of post-doctoral and/or industrial experience) and junior candidates (i.e., recent PhD graduates) are welcome to apply; we have and will offer positions appropriate to expertise and level of experience.
The minimum required skills include:
An ideal candidate (is not required to, but) will also have:
- A postgraduate (MSc/PhD/Post-doc) qualification in a numeric discipline such as Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Signal Processing etc.
- Scientific expertise and applied experience in Machine Learning (ideally, a combination of excellent academic research and high-impact commercial experience).
- In depth understanding of common Machine Learning algorithms (e.g., for classification, regression and clustering).
- In depth knowledge of advanced statistical theories, methodologies, and inference tools (e.g. familiar with hypothesis testing, (generalized) linear models, additive models, mixture models, non-parametric models, etc.).
- Proven track record in advanced topics of Machine Learning (e.g., Bayesian inference, hierarchical models, deep learning, Gaussian processes, causal inference, graph theory, etc.).
- Advanced programming skills in Python and R (and their related data processing, Machine Learning, and visualization libraries).
- Practical experience in preparing data for Machine Learning (e.g., using SQL and/or NoSQL technologies).
- Completion of at least one significant project (equivalent of a great PhD research project, and/or a viable commercial product) in applied Machine Learning.
- Excellent communication skills
- Integration of Machine Learning algorithms with big-data platforms (e.g., Spark) and high-performance computing ecosystems (e.g., CUDA).
- Programming in C++, Java.
- Deployment of algorithms as real time/ highly available services.
- Integration with front-end systems (e.g., HTML5/ native mobile apps).
- Employing Machine Learning in collaborative commercial settings (e.g., using DevOps methodologies and tools such as GitHub), ideally, in collaboration with product development teams.
- Leading scientific projects.
- Publication record in (and willingness to represent AIG in) top scientific journals and conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ICLR, and AAAI etc.)
- Senior candidates should have proven ability to engage with business, formulate technical problems from business needs and craft solutions to shape business priorities
The role will be paying a competitive salary and bonus and will be based in our Fenchurch Street offices in London. The closing date for applications will be the 29th October 2019.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.