AIG is an insurance company that's helped people solve important problems for almost a century. We've long been known for our technical expertise, and creating innovative solutions for new and developing areas of risk that our clients may face.
The Investments AI team at AIG supports this ethos by developing AI-first products - that is, apps and services that use machine learning to inform and assist their users - for AIG's insurance and investments businesses.
Our mission to create a safer world through the power of AI is achieved mainly through:
• The incubation of disruptive innovation via our diverse team of scientists, engineers, and designers who work collaboratively.
• AI, ML and NLP R&D contribution, including publications in top conferences and journals.
• The provision of machine learning advisory and consulting to AIG's global businesses.
Our solutions and innovations aim to reinvent AIG's internal processes, improve AIG's offerings, and ultimately disrupt the industry.
As a critical role in Investment AI's success, we're looking to hiremachine learningengineers to join our team and contribute to the development of the algorithmic core of a series of exciting new products and projects.
Based from our London office, this is an exceptional opportunity for those who want to enjoy state-of-the-art R&D and be challenged and grow as amachine learningengineer. Along the way, this role will contribute to game-changing products that use AIG's global network to deliver impact and change.
Responsibilities and Performance Objectives
• Take ownership of a significant part of the team's solution development
• Demonstrate end-to-end understandingof applications being created
• Partner with ML Researchers to push the boundaries on the performance of the latest methods applied to big problemsacross the investments domain
• Contribute topeerreview process to ensure code quality
Both senior candidates (i.e., with years of experience/ leadership) and junior candidates are welcome to apply; we have and will offer positions appropriate to expertise and level of experience.
The minimum required skills include:
• Ability to formalize learning problems with mathematical notation
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.