A career in our Merger and Acquisition Integration practice, within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. You'll make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
Our team helps our clients undergoing post deal integration turn complex data into actionable business intelligence. As part of the team, you'll help with data analytics, modelling, benchmarking, and visualisation.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
About the team
Our Delivering Deal Value (DDV) team, within Consulting, assists both Corporate and Private Equity (PE) clients in a wide range of business critical operational and transformational challenges, driven by Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity. We advise our clients on deals with values ranging from £50 million to over £5 billion. DDV is now a core team of over 120 specialists across a number of key industry sectors.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Associate for our Mergers & Acquisition Integration team
This individual will ideally have
- Experience in working on a previous M&A integration/ business transformation project
- Project Management and financial analysis experience
- Exposure to M&A and an understanding of deals
- Experience of organisational change and change management
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to work autonomously and operate on own initiative. They will be required to work across a number of industries on a variety of projects with colleagues at all levels.
Whilst primarily London based, our deal involvement is global in nature and candidates must be prepared to travel widely and frequently as and when required.
About the role
DDV focuses on providing support for potential/actual transactions and assists clients in all operational aspects of the transaction, pre and post completion. Our M&A Integration team specifically provides services in
- Integration strategy
- Synergy development and review
- Day 1 and 100 day planning
- Target operating model design
- Change management and culture integration
- Integration Management Office
As part of the transaction process, the team develops a rapid understanding of the target/client business in order to quickly assimilate the key operational issues, synergies, risks and upsides around an integration. The M&A integration team mostly work on the buyside in close collaboration with clients in an advisory role but can also produce clear, written reports articulating our findings for any purchaser.
As well as consulting expertise, our team members have considerable industry experience in running businesses and implementing change. Due to continued success and increased demand for our services, DDV is seeking to enhance this team via select, high calibre appointments.
Skills and experience
The following skills are required for this role
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in business 'change' projects
- An ability to understand a business problem and 'read' a business/process
- A demonstrated ability to operate on your own initiative
- A comfort around financial analysis and understanding of value drivers
- Knowledge of deals, which might include mergers & acquisitions, synergy reviews and carve-outs
- Degree, MBA or other relevant qualification
- Comfort and ability on producing material for Steering Committee/ Board level meetings
- Language skills (oral and written)
- Experience in a multi-territory environment