Posted on September 10, 2019
PQE: 5 years + Term: Permanent Practice group: Corporate Location: London The department
Our asset management and funds team deals with asset management M&A, fund establishment both private market and listed funds, institutional investment into funds and secondary transactions in fund interests, commercial contract work, including IMA's and outsourcing contracts, regulatory advice to asset managers and their clients etc. We have a strong client base, including some of the UK's leading asset managers, insurers, pension funds and banks, and a strong international flavour, and this client base and the work that we are doing for them will continue to grow. We also have a strong presence in the fintech sector.
- You will take a lead role on a wide range of transactional work, with exposure to all aspects of corporate and partnership transactions, including some public company work, often in a fund context, but combined with regulatory advice that is intrinsic in work in the sector
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Contribute to business development
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the team
- Contribute to thought leadership and raise the profile of the firm externally
Required experience, skills and attributes Technical skills
- Good knowledge of asset management and funds transactions
- 5 to 10 PQE
- You will ideally have experience of working with UK and international clients in the financial services sector
- You will ideally have experience of preparing and participating in pitches to clients
- Ability to work with a degree of independence
- Exceptional drafting skills and legal research ability
- Strong academic record, including a degree or equivalent
- Excellent business development ability and demonstrates market focus
- Strong financial and business awareness
- Dedicated to exceptional client service
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates good judgment and resilience skills
- Shows strong initiative and drive and takes control of own career development
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com .
Diversity and inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
No agencies please
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email email@example.com - Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email.
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.