Posted on June 24, 2019
Term: Permanent Reports to: Head of Facilities Practice group: Facilities Location: London Purpose of role
An opportunity to progress and develop within a small in-house team of Facilities professionals covering mainly UK based office locations.
Reporting to the Head of Facilities, this role requires the successful candidate to;
- Ensure compliance with environmental and statutory regulations in respect of engineering, health & safety and environmental initiatives.
- Maintenance of accurate maintenance records including PPM and relevant service provider SLAs.
- Strategic planning to improve the London site and influencing the same at all other Dentons UK offices.
Required experience, skills and attributes Practical working knowledge of building engineering and plant required in addition to;
Conduct maintenance planning, scheduling & coordination.
- ISO14001 and 45001 (formally BS18001).
- Business continuity and resilience.
- Real Estate administration that from time to time include Landlord and sub-tenant related issues, service charge reconciliation, attending tenant meetings and representing the firm and Landlord at campus meetings.
- Member of IWFM and/or AssocRICS.
- Ensure a safe environment for all users of the facilities; promoting a strong safety culture.
- ensure that the Permit to Work system is managed and adhered to by all, undertaking Responsible Person/Authorised Person duties as required.
- Manage staff and approved contractors ensuring all work undertaken is covered by suitable RA/MS and to monitor and manage the successful completion of all works.
- Ensure that suitable staffing and material levels are maintained to deliver the service.
- Ensure all assets are registered and maintained according to contractual requirements; to update and maintain the PPM schedule.
- Manage financial aspects of the contract, un-planned and occasional project work within area of responsibility and seek opportunities for increasing contract performance.
- Manage assist in determining and managing the related hard services budget.
- Be an integral part of the BC and incident management team.
- In addition to the management of hard services; Experience of managing; Manned building security operations, Reprographics, 3rd party contractors and building related project works would be an advantage.
- Able to work independently when required and a collaborative team player.
- Demonstrate a solutions focused and proactive approach to work and working with a site based contractor team.
- Be a good communicator with the ability to intuitively vary the communication approach taken.
- Self motivated with genuine desire to help and provide outstanding customer service.
- Constantly seek to improve efficiency and the range of potential solutions available as and when opportunities arise.
- IOSH qualified.
We are a truly global law firm and as such, always welcome hearing from those with foreign language capabilities.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com.
Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
No agencies please
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email email@example.com - Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email.
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.