WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.The Job
This position is part of a high functioning global team responsible for localizing Warner Media content, including some of the biggest franchises in the world; Wizarding World, DC Universe and Looney Tunes.
The Localization Creative Manager is responsible for ensuring the creative intent of original storytelling and emotional impact is captured in all foreign language versions created across all media types, from Trailers, Features and TV Series. The Localization Creative Manager has a high level of knowledge and experience in creative localization activities including voice testing, translations, voice recording and mixing. In addition, a good understanding of sound engineering and localization technical workflows. The Daily
- Relationship and communication:
- Maintains relationships and acts as main point of contact for clients, coordinating across Tech Ops groups, vendors, key sales & marketing stakeholders.
- Working closely with WB preferred Independent Dubbing Supervisors and stakeholders across the studios and key vendors internationally
- Liaising with various entities including post-production houses, WB Post, WB Sound Services and WB De Lane Lea.
- Creative skills:
- Assess each project to establish creative brief and mix notes, including song clearance, TV clip clearance, historic speeches and title work.
- Voice testing, ability to review large volume of sample voices and choose the closest match and providing feedback on how to improve direction and performance.
- Attend or remotely assess local dub recordings and mixing sessions on high profile content to ensure creative expectations.
- Audio services related to language dubbing, conforming, editing, QC"ing, and other creative audio services and tasks assigned.
- Audio Engineering:
- Post-production audio mixing for all common audio configurations (2.0, 5.1, 7.1, and Immersive Audio).
- Working with frame rates, sample rates as required for theatrical and home video audio services.
- Analyzing vendor reference material systems for scripting, voice testing.
- Exploring new technology advancements for recording and mixing. Challenging the status quo and suggests alternative methods of managing dubbing process.
The Nice to Haves
- Background in entertainment industry with dubbing creation experience.
- Expert level knowledge of sound engineering and recording and experience with post production sound mixing using Pro-Tools and Final Cut skills (or similar).
- Experience with mixing in both theatrical and near-field environments and capable of mixing and creating deliverables that meet all required specifications for theatrical, home entertainment, broadcast and OTT.
- Passion for foreign languages and translation quality and a good understanding of content localization
- Strong knowledge on Production delivery schedules and the legal business models that underpin them.
- Good knowledge of studio facility infrastructure what level of equipment, hardware and software to function to theatrical standards and high-end TV content.
- Deep sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with self-direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Good SAP, MS-office and Outlook as well as PowerPoint knowledge
- High degree of cost consciousness
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
- BA/BS preferred, with emphasis on sound engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Ideally fluency in a foreign language, verbal and written skills
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.