Lloyd's Brussels - Head of Compliance Job Code:
1161912 Skill Band:
Complaints, Legal & Compliance Location:
Permanent Date Posted:
2 Jan 2020 Head of Compliance Lloyd's Brussels Brussels, BelgiumAbout Lloyd's Brussels
Lloyd's Brussels is a flagship entity for Lloyd's continued participation in EU/EEA markets after Brexit.
This role is an independent control function holder under regulatory requirements prescribed by the National Bank of Belgium ('NBB') as part of the NBB's Fit & Proper rules. The holder of this role is required to meet prescribed NBB fit and proper requirements that will be separately provided to the holder for their participation in the necessary fitness and propriety process.
The Compliance team will play a vital role in the success of Lloyd's Brussels, by ensuring Lloyd's Brussels has effective compliance systems and controls in place and by successfully managing financial crime and sanctions issues.
We are looking for someone who can seize this unique opportunity to shape the organisation and implement compliance oversight, while providing guidance, challenge, advice and support to the Lloyd's Brussels Board. The Role
Reporting into the Lloyd's Brussels Chief Risk & Compliance Officer, you will guide and develop a team of four in Brussels, with matrix responsibility for compliance resource across Europe, and embed a compliance culture throughout Lloyd's Brussels. You will be responsible for:
What You Will Need
- Identifying regulatory issues and escalating them to the CRCO, the Lloyd's Brussels Board and Audit and Risk Committee as appropriate.
- Preparing an annual compliance plan and present quarterly updates on compliance matters and progress with the plan.
- Compiling the annual compliance report and contribute sections as appropriate to the
- Memorandum of Governance.
- Supporting the CRCO in developing policies to address applicable regulatory requirements
- Providing the appropriate level of training to management and staff to ensure appropriate
- knowledge of requirements and compliance risk
- Managing the policy life-cycle to provide assurance that Company is compliant with Solvency II, Belgian, EU and UK regulations.
- Leading compliance reviews to assess whether Company policies have been implemented
- effectively, and compliance risk managed to an effective level.
- Overseeing compliance in the Lloyd's Brussels branch offices.
- Acting as one of the contact points for the purposes of the Company's Whistleblowing Policy.
- Acting as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) for the Company and lead the
- investigation of cases on sanctions, anti-money laundering and financial crime issues
- Handling day-to-day compliance queries relating to NBB and FSMA Conduct of Business Rules, Money Laundering, Complaints and Training and Competence.
- Existing FSMA Certification as an approved Compliance Officer, or progress towards obtaining this designation within one year.
- To be fluent in both written and spoken English. Any other European language is considered beneficial
- Knowledge of Solvency II regulatory environment, regimes and requirements
- Experience of working in a financial services regulatory environment where you have been
- involved in ensuring compliance with relevant Belgian or EU regulatory requirements
- Developed management and organisational skills, and an ability to work with teams across
- multiple business areas and cultures
- Track record of influencing and negotiating with stakeholders internally and externally at all
- Experience of developing functional strategy
- Used to dealing with complex business and regulatory issues, while driving change through Innovation
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
- FSMA Compliance Officer Certification
To apply, please visit www.lloyds.com
At Lloyd's we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of equality and diversity. We use ClearTalents to discover how we might help you feel welcomed, supported and able to do as well as you can when applying to work for us, including identifying any reasonable adjustments that we may need to make. Should you feel that you require reasonable adjustments during your application process we request that you please follow this link to create a ClearTalents user profile: