Description 7.5 Tonne LGV Driver Apprentice Aylesbury45-hour contract - 5 over 8 pattern
There's no feeling quite like uniting tech lovers everywhere and we get to do it every single day. Connecting our people, our customers and our partners. We're a team of 41,000 colleagues working across nine countries to deliver excellence. Be part of framing the future with us. You'll certainly feel proud when you see what you can achieve here.
Join us as a Delivery Driver Apprentice
and gain a nationally recognized qualification whilst bringing the best products to our customers and transforming their lives with technology that makes life easier. As the face of the business and the last point of contact of our customers journey it will be your responsibility to exceed customers' expectations.As part of this role, you'll be responsible for:
13 months' expert training
- Lifting heavy items and completing a multi-drop driving role
- Ensuring the right products get to the right places at the right time
- Installing a range of different products for our customers
- Making every customer encounter memorable
Yes, you'll need to love driving and being on the road, but you'll need to love helping customers too. On our 13-month training program, you'll develop first class customer service skills through masterclasses, online learning and job shadowing to achieve your LGV license and essential industry- recognized certificates. You will need:
- A full Class B1 UK/EA Car driving license with no more than 6 penalty points
- 5 GCSEs at grade E or above (ideally English and Maths at C) or equivalent e.g. Scottish Standard Grades or Nationals
- A passion for delivering great customer service
We're one team and we celebrate all of the great things you do. One way we show our gratitude is by giving you access to a range of lifestyle benefits, including:
- Discounts across big brand names in retail, travel and cinema
- Store discounts in our Currys PC World, Dixons Travel and Carphone Warehouse sites
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
Beyond that, we'll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given, and you'll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We're building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it.
Since the Covid-19 pandemic began we've all had to adapt to a new way of working. Although life in our business is a little different since coronavirus struck, the wellbeing of our team - and potential new colleagues - is our priority, now and in the future. Visit www.careers.dixonscarphone.com/covid-19 to discover how we're keeping everyone safe, in stores, on site, at home and throughout the recruitment process.