In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Job Duties
The successful candidate will help shape the review of capital related aspects of the firm, use their honed communication skills in report writing for senior stakeholders and work closely with other team members to help refine risk metrics etc
- Provide effective 2nd line risk oversight of the management of prudential risk and provide actuarial advice at an appropriate level for LGIMH's funds businesses, and L&G Pensions Management Limited (life company within the LGIMH group).
- Direct and advise on relevant projects (e.g. restructuring, acquisitions, regulatory change) from an actuarial perspective so that the long term actuarial impact is fully understood by the business.
- Help define, review, and challenge the enterprise wide risks for LGIMH and recommend changes to make the risk metrics more forward looking and relevant to individual business lines
- Monitor, review and sign off the implementation of changes to actuarial and other models and assumptions arising from new products, regulatory change or business led initiatives. Ensure effective implementation, compliance with both regulatory requirements and Group standards.
- Newly qualified UK FIA actuary
- Strong analytical skill set with ability to critique initiatives
- Experience of Solvency 2 for life companies is essential (ideally from a reporting perspective)
- Proactive work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Experience of formal report writing
- Experience of asset management ideal but not necessary
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.