UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
AIG's underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG's tradition of innovation, bringing to market groundbreaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG's underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
This role will contribute to the growth and profitability of the Lex-London Personal Insurance Department, which is focused on meeting the needs of large and complex clients domiciled in the United States of America (its territories and possessions), by driving the business plans for our business development through Underwriting new and renewal business; developing new and maintaining existing broker relationships; assisting in product development and thought leadership; and executing the annual Personal Insurance strategies. Your Contribution to AIG As an influencer at AIG, people come to you as a "go-to" source for help and support because of your deep knowledge and expertise. As a more experienced team member, you are capable of driving continual improvement and impacting the way that things get done. Because of your influence, whether direct or indirect, we are able to deliver powerful outcomes for our clients.
What we are looking for:
- Assess desirability of risk through thorough review of proposal, claims history and general company information; together with analysis of financial reports (as required); and regular contact with broker
- Use designated Underwriting system(s) to streamline underwriting and information-tracking approach across Profit Centre. Input required data consistently and accurately
- Generate new business by expanding broker network, attending broker events, and building new relationships across the market
- Ensure contract certainty and compliance with key regulatory, risk management responsibilities; and Underwrite within agreed decision making standards, limitations, and underwriting authority
- Provide general back-up and support to other members of the team to ensure overall department objectives are met
- Some underwriting experience is desired; other relevant professional experience may substitute for underwriting experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, organise work and meet deadlines
- Able to network, build relationships, and work well in a team environment with a collaborative attitude
- Strong technical ability and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and negotiation skills
- Tenacious, motivated, proactive
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission - creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.