- Do you want to get practical, hands-on experiencelearning how to develop software for a major organisation with big digital ambitionsaswell as gaining a BSc (Hons) degree?
- Do you have a passion for technology, with some understanding or experience of coding?
- Are you intrigued by technology and what it can do (regardless of what you've studied)?
- Do you want to work for a company that prioritises wellbeing?
If so, a TechnologyApprenticeshipcould be just what you're looking for.
As the UK's largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and a global leader in our industry, our Technology teams are crucial to our success. We truly believe our Technology community is amongst the most talented and supportive anywhere. Without their skills and ideas, we wouldn't be the company we are today.
But we're not the kind of organisation that gets complacent. We want to keep investing in our technology, and more importantly, we want to keep investing in the people behind our technology.
That's why ourApprenticejobs are permanent from day one.Technology careers for diverseApprentices
New insights, perspectives and diversity of thought are all invaluable to us. Which is why you don't need to have studied ITpreviouslyto join usin Technology.Our previous recruitshave studied everything fromHistoryto Maths, from Computer Science toBusiness Studies,and they're all equally brilliant.
We have a real variety of rolesacrossourtechnology teams.As long asyou're curious and passionate about technology, then we can teach you the rest-you'll have a structured training programme and a support network to help you develop.
OurSoftwareEngineer roles provide
an opportunity to learn how to create thesoftwarethat will underpin ourtechnologytransformation. We're committed to offering our customers the most secure, reliable and engaging experience when they interact with us online and you'll be central to that aim.
Software Engineerswork to create new products and platforms and maintain and enhance our existing applications.They work collaboratively in small teams to build high quality solutions that meet our customers' needs: whether delivering technology change internally to meet the wider needs of the organisationorsupportinginnovative digital tech like the award winning "My Aviva" customer portal.
You'll spend 80% of your time gaining real hands-on experience in the role andthe other20%will bededicated to yourApprenticeship studiesand working towards that fullBsC(Hons) degree!
You'llbe working on interesting and challenging initiatives alongside a community of highly skilled and experienced technology professionals who will be on hand to support and encourage you every step of the way. This is a brilliant learning environment - a place where everyone is welcome to share ideas, ask questions and seek out advice.Where you'll be based:
We offertheseApprenticeroles inourBristol,Norwich,Perthand Yorkoffices.Flexibleworking has been engrained into our culture for a long time now. Post COVID-19, you can expect a blend of working in the office and some home working as applicable.About you
To join usonaLevel 6(Degree)Apprenticeship(England) or a Graduate Apprenticeship (Scotland)Apprenticeyoushould:
- Have at least five GCSEs or Scottish National 5s at A*-C or 9-4grade (or equivalent), including English and Maths
- Have,or be on track for,at leastthreeA-Levelsat gradesB,C,Cor above(England) OR four Highers at gradesB,B,B,Cor above (Scotland) ora Level 3equivalent. If one of these subjects is in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths) subject that's great, butby all means itis not a requirement!
- Have an understanding or experience of coding - whether through your studies, or as an outside interest.
You should also be aconfident communicatorwithstrong analytical and problem-solving skills, alove of learning anda commitmentto continuallydevelopingyourself. And it goes without saying that we'll be looking to see that you have agenuine interest in technology.What will you get for this role?
The recruitment process:
- Starting salary from £18,050(depending onyourskills, experience and qualifications)
- A Level 6(Degree)Apprenticeship(England) or a Graduate Apprenticeship (Scotland)qualification(In England this will be aBSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutionand in Scotland this will be a BSc (Hons) IT: Software Development)
- PlusProfessional qualifications aligned to your role!
- A caring, welcoming culture complete with wellbeing programmes, flexible working and an in-built support network, including buddies and mentors - many of whom have been with us for years
- A holiday allowance of 25days,plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up tofiveadditional days
- An annual performance-related bonus and pay review
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Plusplenty more
We'll assess your strengths as well aslooking athowwell youconnectwithour values throughout the process.
The process itself involves:
- Makingan online application - this will include answering a short questionnaire and attaching your CV
- If you pass the initialCVscreen,you'll besent some online tests
- Pass these,and you'llhave a telephone interview with us
- And if you do well in these, there's an assessment day
We are looking at a September start date for all roles.Proud to be diverse
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you've applied stating that you have a discloseddisabilityand we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela a call on 0121 234 7660 or send an email to Daniela.email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By 'minimum criteria' we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.