Term: Permanent Location: Glasgow Purpose of role
This role is to provide technical development, technology expertise, assistance and support to "Helix", a new business unit delivering Legal Managed Services to a variety of high profile large clients. Helix provides legal services in new innovative ways to maximise efficiency and automate where possible to streamline the delivery of legal services. Helix is a very closely knit team of Project Managers and Legal Project Managers, working with diverse groups from lawyers in many disciplines, document automation teams and IT professionals, as well as our clients and internal stakeholders.
- Develop integrations and applications that help to simplify and streamline business processes for the Helix operation, supporting and in partnership with other key IT teams
- Contribute to the development of Helix products and projects through the rapid and agile development cycle including understanding the needs of the clients, making recommendations, designing, developing, testing and implementing solutions and supporting any software upgrades on those platforms
- Understand the needs of the client to deliver quality applications and integrations
- Learn new technologies rapidly and apply to a diverse set of environments
- Assist with creating and mapping of functionality, feedback and lessons learned from previous platforms or instances to new platforms
- Gather business requirements and translate them to functional requirements
- Create, enhance, troubleshoot, support/train (where necessary) for all Helix technologies
- Project manage development work, including determining priorities, requirements, timescales, tasks and management of client relationships
- Provide estimates and target dates for projects/tasks assigned; be committed to target dates.
- Report to manager on status of current development projects
- Provide development and design assistance to all levels of the Helix team and other business service units
- Work with external firms, consultants and 3rd party vendors on the development and design of applications
- Provide 3rd line support to the Helix clients when bulk uploads of users are required and onboarding takes place
- Working as part of a team, with a positive "can do" attitude, sharing advice and workload to provide the best possible service to the Helix team and their clients
- Adhere to Cyber Essentials Plus processes and procedures, and Dentons ISO certification standards.
Required experience, skills and attributes
This role is a broad technology role encompassing all the various technologies that the systems are built on and use, with a focus on developer skills particularly in the HiQ area, but also a broad understanding of many different aspects of system integration, reporting, Sharepoint, document automation and web technologies.
This person will need excellent inter-personal skills and be very flexible, a strong team player, willing to work in new ways, learn new technologies rapidly and adapt to project needs on a regular basis.
This role requires someone who can assess problems and find innovative solutions that can be delivered rapidly and successfully. They will need to be personable and able to work in a high pressure environment with tact and diplomacy and work with a variety of differently skilled teams to bring this together.Technical Skills
Personal skills / attributes
- Proven experience of full development lifecycle as well as agile delivery methodology
- Experience of developing in or knowledge of the following platforms:
- SharePoint - On-Premise/Online, MS Office365 & MS Teams
- MS Azure products and technologies
- Experience of working in the following technology stack:
- Web Services & APIs
- Data integrations
- Relational database design using Microsoft SQL Server
- HTML5 & CSS
- Angular Vue Node.js React
- SQL Reporting Services Power BI Power Apps, Power Automate
- System Methodologies:
- Agile (Kanban)
- Project Scoping
- Business Requirement Specification
- Technical Specification
- User Acceptance Specifications
- Solution Documentation
- Broad experience of developing in a wide variety of environments.
- Understanding of common forms of integration between applications/platforms (e.g. APIs, Webhooks, ISC etc.)
- Exposure to Robotic Process Automation technologies and processes
- Advanced knowledge of business process analysis and development and application architecture
- Experience of Document Automation technologies - such as Contract Express
- Experience of legal technology systems including: iManage DMS, Elite, IntApp, Interaction
- Experience with finance systems and developing / integrating applications around this; specific example would be web-based pricing tools
- Experience with business process/workflow tools
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology
- Able to produce clear documentation
- Working knowledge of ITIL service framework and experience on 1st and 2nd line IT support and IT Information Security Management System (ISMS) and ISO 27001 processes and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact positively at all levels within the firm and a good team player
- Able to demonstrate excellent client/customer facing skills and to interact well with business customers and non-technical stakeholders - being able to provide user support directly when needed
- Able to effectively negotiate/challenge and influence colleagues and others to proactively find solutions that benefit both the front end and back end experiences and achieve a successful outcome
- Able to explain technical terms to the end user in a jargon free manner
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; can clearly explain and present problems and issues to others and contribute to their resolution
- Has commercial awareness and understands the business value required from IT investments
- Able to exercise tact and diplomacy in an organisational setting and work well in a team as well as individually driven
- Able to make decisions and remain calm while under pressure - particularly when dealing with difficult situations
- Methodical approach to work, with a strong focus on accuracy and quality and attention to detail
- Understands the need for documentation and well-defined procedures
- Able to work under pressure to tight project deadlines and can adapt to differing demands, with the ability to multi-task, self-organise and prioritise assigned workload
- Effectively interact with other members of the team and business service departments, and be willing to help in all aspects of projects where needed.
- Can demonstrate confidence and resilience to overcome obstacles to deliver what is required
- Can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive, while also being able to follow instructions
- Professional in outlook and attitude
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com .Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email email@example.com - Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email .
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.