At Amazon, our mission is to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a self-starter to join our EU AMZL Talent Development Team as a Learning Program Manager.
As a Learning Program Manager, you will play a vital role in advancing Amazon's unique culture and enabling the success of new leaders in a high-growth, fast-paced organization. We are customer-obsessed and innovative in our efforts to increase leadership capability. This means we build our own highly customized and targeted solutions that directly serve the business. If you are a go-getter, then you should seriously consider growing your career with us.
In addition to being responsible for the partnering closely with the SEU (South EU) leaders, the Learning Business Partner is an active member of the EU AMZL Talent Development Team, driving and supporting network-wide talent development, learning and performance enhancing solutions. Successful candidates will have a creative, hands-on approach, a strong knowledge of Operations and a scientific and data-driven approach to solution development. Stakeholder management and leading initiatives at an EU level are key aspects of this role.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Build strong partnerships with business leaders (e.g. Delivery Station Managers Senior Ops Managers) to understand their learning needs and ensure targeted solution development. Dive in to quickly learn about learners' goals and challenges, their work environment, how they walk (fast) and how they talk (straightforward).
• Leverage science and data driven approaches to design and deploy learning and performance solutions. Use rapid design and distribution methods (virtual, classroom, blended and multi-media) that best suit AMZL needs and which tangibly and positively impact performance.
• Manage collection of, interpret and analyse business data to report conclusions and make recommendations based on findings.
• Produce written reports to communicate and gain support for solutions, measurement and evaluation plans.
• Select, design and deploy appropriate mechanisms to measure learning impact.
• Build deployment processes which scale as well as minimize development and deployment time for new learning or communication and which enable learners and their leaders to own development.
• BA or BS degree. An advanced degree in a relevant field is a plus.
• 5+ years of work experience with solid career progression in designing, developing, and delivering scalable talent development solutions.
• Strong knowledge of instructional theories: adult learning principles, on the job learning, knowledge management theories, principles in both virtual and classroom instruction.
• Aptitude for learning and leveraging science and technology for both solution design and data analysis.
• Practical experience in learning and business needs consulting.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with performance and talent management.
• Program management and administration skills: organization, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results.
• Superior communication and influence skills are a must with the ability to communicate effectively and credibly both verbally and in writing with audiences across levels.
• Innovative and proactive problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment in complex and ambiguous situations.
• Master's degree or PhD preferred
• Experience from within logistics, distribution or retail industry is a plus
About our rewards
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you'll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application and portfolio. Please submit your online application in one document including your CV and covering letter (both written in English, max. 5MB) stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.