WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Rocksteady is looking for a Lead Scriptwriter to join and lead our dangerously talented Script Team as we bring to life some of the most popular characters in the history of the world.
Our mix of in-house and freelance writers are a diverse and passionate crew who are far greater together than as individuals, even in a Zoom-driven world.
To work with and guide them, you'll need to have an ear for great dialogue and an eye for consistency. You'll need to know that "done" is better than perfect. You'll need to be funny, know how to make something funnier, and how to keep something funny when it's Ship-of-Theseus-ed into its thirteenth draft.
You'll focus on combat barks as much as critical cinematics. You'll ensure that the seventh version of a line is as good as the first. You'll keep the Script Team all pointed in the same direction even when that direction changes. And you'll always make sure they have what they need to succeed. Responsibilities
- Manage a team of highly experienced and very talented on-site and outsourced writers from around the globe.
- Make sure the script team is happy, productive and on-track
- Work with the Script Team to punch-up all text and dialogue. while writing the occasional string and line as needed
- Collaborate with our publisher and IP holder to bring the world of the Arkham series into the broader DC universe. Keep them informed of the team"s progress and work with them (and others) on scheduling, deadlines, budgets etc.
- Shape unique Rocksteady interpretations of iconic DC heroes and villains, and develop new iconic characters to interact with them.
- Design systems to deliver narrative experiences to players, and design the narrative of existing systems to make them even better.
- Drive game playthroughs focusing on VO and text, with an eye toward making improvements at the macro and micro levels.
- Attend voiceover sessions remotely (on California time) and in-person (by traveling to the WB studio lot in Burbank).
- Group up with other disciplines to figure out how to make the best game possible together - even when that means making big changes to the Script.
- Create plans for promotional content that is seen by millions of people, then follow through to its release into the world.
- Maintain the backlog and plan the sprints of an agile organization, while allowing for emergent tasks.
- Familiarity with narrative systems and story trends in modern games, from AAA to itch.io
- Ability to give concrete, actionable feedback and how to receive difficult feedback well.
- Eagerness to work with and learn from other disciplines
- Experience working with a group of writers in the video game industry
- Passion for the craft of writing in games
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.","industry":"All Others","sourcer":"