Our IT Practice Area is a key part of our success and our clients include many large household name companies.
We are seeking multiple software developers with a passion for programming to join our fantastic and exciting software development teams as we invest heavily in data-driven consultancy and digital pensions.
There is the option to work flexibly and in the majority from home - however, you will sometimes need to attend our Bristol office to support your personal and team development and to meet the needs of our stakeholders.Responsibilities
To thrive in our teams you will be a team-player producing high-quality tested code, building first-class user experiences and pro-active in developing yourself as a problem-solver within the business context in which your software is used.
The role covers all aspects of software development - analysis, coding, testing, deployment, support, documentation, continuous improvement.
Our solutions are built primarily on the Microsoft stack:
• Languages: C#, TypeScript, SQL
• Frameworks: .NET Core/Framework, ASP.NET, Entity Framework, Angular, Docker
• Tools: Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, GIT
• Hybrid Infrastructure: On-premise IIS/SQL migrating to Azure IAAS/PAASQualifications
You will have at least 5 years of commercial software development experience including experience of mentoring and leading developers on the delivery of significant software projects.What's in it for you?Core & Flexible Benefits:
Giving Something Back:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.Wellbeing
: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.Diversity
: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.Your progression: w
e offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.Other activities
: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you'd like to join in and meet like-minded people.