BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds are core to moving the BBC to an IP distributed world. They are fundamental to delivering the best watch and listen experiences to our UK audience.
As both products become ever more personalised and tailored to each user's needs, understanding user behaviour is ever more crucial for their success. Whilst we started this journey a while ago, we have a new team that is focused on driving a truly data led culture, impacting how both products evolve. A big part of this, is to create a greater awareness within all the different product development teams on how data is used and can be used.
- Lead the "Data Force" team across both BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds, working with peers in Product, Architecture & others
- Help to foster a Data Driven Culture across all product development teams and all different platforms, championing this across the department
- Stakeholder management and stakeholder engagement to drive change
Are you the right candidate?
- Expertise with data collection, data processing and use of audience data
- Experience building data pipelines and implementing analytics models
- Experience using experimentation to drive product changes and gain audience insights
- A real sense of cross discipline working and collaboration
- Technologies: experience working with managed cloud services (e.g. AWS Kinesis, Athena, Google BigQuery), and streaming / big data processing technologies (e.g Spark, Flink, Samza)
- Experience with multiple programming languages such as python and Scala
Contract type: Permanent
Location: London We're happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC - whether that's to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here