We have a new opportunity to join the team as Lead Accountant - Record to Report. Reporting into the Record to Report (RTR) Manager, your role will be to lead a team across one of the five work streams of Record to Report as well as providing a support role to the RTR Manager.
The Record to Report team is a geographically and culturally diverse team, with a genuine enthusiasm to provide the best possible output to the business.
Continuous improvement is a cornerstone of the team's mind-set, and the team is highly proactive in seeking efficiencies and improvements. Located in three main hubs (Leeds, Guildford and Kuala Lumpur) the team operate as one to deliver a truly global support to our Business Partner teams.
This role can be based from either of the Leeds or Guildford hubs, and there will be the need to travel to the other approximately once per month to facilitate face to face interaction with the wider team. What you'll be doing
This is a varied role and you will be responsible for managing a team (between 2-6 people) to deliver finance support to the business partners with potential rotation across the various streams: Order to Profit, Cost base, Reporting and Financial Accounting
Order to Profit
- Revenue and margin trading
- Project forecasting
- Accrual and prepayments
- IFRS 15 Restatements
- Support Working Capital Reviews
- Fixed asset and depreciation maintenance and forecasting
- Facilities costs reports
- Headcount analysis
- Contractor and 3rd party accruals and prepayments
- IFRS 16 preparation and posting
- Monthly Business Review pack generation
- Working Capital File generation
- Product Line reporting
- Cost Base reporting
What we're looking for
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Legal entity financial account reviews
- Internal and External audit support
- You will also be responsible for driving efficiencies in the team's processes and tools to enabling an environment that promotes innovation.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) with post qualified experience
- Experienced with the RTR streams including Order to Profit, Cost Base, Reporting, and Financial Accounting
- Prior to experience in providing management and leadership to a team
- The ability to work autonomously, proactively and adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled excel user
- Willingness to travel for 2-3 days at a time, on average once per month
- Previous SAP experience is desirable
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals. Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.