Does the challenge of advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure security and Loss prevention organization excite you?
Are you motivated by a fast-paced environment as well as constant change and opportunities?
Do you have strong analytical skills, a strong business judgement and is the satisfaction of your customers your main motivator?
Amazon is seeking a Program Manager (Loss Prevention) to join the Amazon Global Security team based in UK, but supporting EU Operations.
As member of the Security and Loss Prevention team, you are a part of the core of Amazon's robust security platform supporting the company's rapid growth.
As part of the EMEA Last Mile Loss Prevention team you will support the accomplishment of Amazon EU business targets and the strengthening of our brand, by effectively protecting against relevant threats and by managing security and loss prevention risks, exposures and losses that could put our associates and our customers under jeopardy; disrupt the continuity of our business operations; inflict damage to our tangible and non-tangible assets; and have adverse impact on our company brand and reputation.
You will achieve this by PREVENTING risks and vulnerabilities as early as possible; INTERVENING in unfolding incidents and exposures in order to minimize any negative impact; and by INVESTIGATING thoroughly security related incidents in order to identify and remove root causes and to prevent reoccurrence.
You will directly support Amazon's European network in providing business oriented, cost effective, innovative and pragmatic solutions and services by:
• Evaluating threats, Assessing Risks and developing risk management strategies.
• Providing a secure working environment to our Associates; taking into consideration relevant legal and statutory compliance requirements; Labour regulations, agreements and practices; associates' experience and optimize the cost versus risk reduction.
• Providing open, trusted and reliable partnership with internal and external stakeholders, by supporting, advising and enabling successful accomplishment of business operations and initiatives.
• Driving security change and improvement by engaging leadership and associates and by providing the relevant and useful security knowledge and awareness.
• Ensuring that security & loss prevention standards and instructions are consistently and effectively applied during the planning, development and execution of business operations as well as in all administration, infrastructure and support functions activities.
• Implementing risk based, balanced, reliable, consistent, integrated, accepted and cost effective security measures which are designed based on proven security & loss prevention practices and concepts.
• Ensuring high level of compliance to internal and external standards and regulations.
In your daily work, you will constantly review and improve the physical security systems of the site by conducting audits and, facilitate regular maintenance and troubleshooting. You will raise the security awareness within the employee population by training small groups in security topics and advise on personnel security matters. You will be a key player in the site's security management by
representing Security &Loss Prevention in leadership meetings and communicating of security related topics to all relevant stakeholders. You will help to constantly raise the bar by participating in the selection of new contract security personnel and provide advice and guidance to the security service provider. You will support in increasing the operational resilience by reviewing and continuously improving Security & Loss Prevention processes and support of risk mitigation in operational processes. In case of critical events, you will be a crucial player in the site's incident management team.
You will provide direct benefit to the business by conducting preliminary analysis and subsequent investigation of losses, effectively using resources for data mining, CCTV and other surveillance. Based on your results, you will at times be required to conduct interviews. You will ensure reporting of incidents and liase with law enforcement agencies.
• Relevant experience within a loss prevention or logistics operations capacity previously
• Demonstrable loss prevention program exposure, including experience in a distribution environment, at management level
• Decision-making and problem-solving:
• You demonstrate the ability to proactively gather the right data from appropriate sources, while considering all of the facts and other perspectives,
• You'll conduct root cause analysis and draw sound conclusions,
• You'll prioritise key factors and act decisively, promptly and confidently,
• Be agile and flexible in your approach,
• Be able to operate with limited guidance from management,
• Communication and influencing:
• Demonstrate ability to identify the customer expectation, adjusting language and style to suit the listener,
• Be solutions-focused, customer-focused, and always deliver excellent follow-up.
• Higher academic degree or relevant qualification would be advantageous, • A grasp of Kaizen and Lean methodology and techniques would be advantageous.