What you'll be doing?
This team is responsible for identifying and sourcing the best locations for new developments. It's fast moving and, in today's climate, extremely competitive and commercial in its focus.
While we need to be commercial and competitive in bidding for sought after land, we also need to be imaginative in identifying other possibilities - such as land that currently doesn't have planning permission. It's a complex area of our work, and one that's under intense commercial scrutiny and pressure. It's also the lifeblood of our business, which makes this team's work even more vital and far-reaching. Entrepreneurial and imaginative in your thinking, you'll need to be a good assessor of risks, and an even better relationship builder.
Reporting to the either the Senior Land Manager, Land Manager or Development Director, to assist the Development Director and Land Department in securing an adequate land bank to meet the needs and targets of the business.
You will be expected to:
What you'll need?
- Support the Land Managers in the identification and acquisition of sites, assisting in project acquisition from identification, diligence, offer, contract, purchase, planning to pre-start on the sites acquired
- Research and provide appropriate information to Land team on potential development opportunities
- Support the Land Manager with the process of management of acquisition of sites
- Maintain and aid in the expansion of the Division's key contact base, e.g. land agents, land owners ensuring data held is up to date
- Assist the Development Director/Managers on major projects and with other relevant duties as required
- Produce professional land packs, ensure accurate bids are placed for land in a timely manner
- Undertake community engagements as necessary
- Promote and act in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures
To be successful in the role, we are looking for:
Our Company and Benefits
- Familiarity with all aspects of land purchase (maximization of offer, market research, technical, commercial disciplines) - sales, commercial, technical, design, legal aspects
- Sound geographical knowledge of the area
- Ability to work on own initiative, with the drive to take ownership of projects
- Articulate, clear and credible individual who is able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people, engender rapport and trust, and develop and maintain key contacts
- Exceptional negotiating and influencing skills; a confident and professional networker
- An innovative thinker, with the drive to seek out and pursue potential development opportunities
We've been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder ten years in a row for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That's more than any other major housebuilder. It's because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates,experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone,regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Company Car or Cash Allowance
- Annual Health Assessment
- 25 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 28 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies