Who you'll be working with
Capgemini's financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultants will be expected to travel. The focus of your role
Capgemini Financial Services are looking for an experienced Q/KDB+ developer
to join our growing Insights & Data practice and support our clients expanding FX data analytics team, building solutions towards a strategic FX KDB+ Platform.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part a large multi-asset ecommerce trading system development team that is distributed between Singapore and London.
Finally, you must be able to work closely with our clients and demonstrate individual functional/technical and professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction. As a member of a project team, you will need to apply team management expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies. What you'll do
The range of activities that you will get involved with is extensive and includes:
What you'll bring
- Work closely with the FX Quantitative Analyst team by taking requirements and developing user analytics and solutions to aid pricing/trading algorithms and ultimately P&L.
- You will be required to prototype solutions in a fast, agile manner with numerous demands from Front Office teams.
- Have deep experience with Q/KDB+ working in a similar environment and have front office knowledge of the FX business or quantitative finance.
- Be comfortable performing analysis and manipulation of large data sets in a high frequency low latency environment.
- Provide technical assistance and 3rd line support to internal KDB+ Production Support teams.
- Provide technical design, architecture and infrastructure expertise to support the growing KDB+ footprint within the bank.
- Participate in the development of all aspects of product delivery including design documents, functional specifications, and component build
- Make contributions to the evolving architecture
- Conduct issue and risk identification, management and resolution
Why we're different
- Q/KDB+ Experience
- Experience with development in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience of working closely with the business
- Experience/ability to understand FX products and services.
- Working understanding of SQL and simple DDL operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interact with business representatives
- Delta Stream/Control
- C/C++, Python, Statistical (Matlab, R).
- Understanding of ecommerce product workflow across front office and middle office tiers
- Good understanding of price discovery, deal acceptance, and position management approaches across the Fixed Income OTC product space, including FX, IRS, and Bonds
- Experience of working within the consulting industry
- Happy to travel within the UK and occasionally abroad
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that's as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs. What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you. About Capgemini
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com People matter, results count.