Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK's major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
A Junior Engineer is required to join the R&D Department to deliver ground-breaking signalling system solutions and is expected to undertake activities in support of one or more of the following disciplines:
Key responsibilities may include
- Software Engineering
- System Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Compliance Engineering
- Safety Engineering
- Software Tools Support
- Integration, Test and Validation Engineering
- Project Management
- Requirements analysis and specification of high level design
- Development and implementation of design
- Execute software (unit and integration) tests.
What do I need to qualify for this job?Essential Requirements
- Development of test specifications
- Integration and validation activities
- Planning, estimating, risk assessing
- Graduate in relevant engineering discipline or other numerate subject, although equivalent experience would also be considered
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in field of work and qualification
- A true problem solver with excellent English written and verbal
- Self-motivated, adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Able to understand complex products and systems
- Able to work to tight timescales
- Good inter-personal skills, and ability to work in a team
- Knowledge and experience of full engineering development lifecycles
- Good knowledge of configuration management and control practices
- Willingness to occasionally travel overseas.
Competence in the use of Microsoft Office packages (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT etc).About us
We're Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.What else do you need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.Job ID:
Siemens Industry Software LimitedExperience Level:
not definedJob Type: