This is an opportunity to join the team responsible for BBC Sport NI's news service. The team is at the forefront of BBC Sport NI's journalism, combining breaking and developing news with accessible analysis and explanation of events. It aims to deliver the highest quality journalism in text and video, with a focus on younger and under-served audiences.
On a daily basis you will have the opportunity to do the following;
- Self-shoot and edit video interviews and features
- Identify and prioritise the main stories of the day, and publish this content in line with BBC Guidelines.
- Use your contacts to break sports stories, and produce distinctive and creative written features
- Use social media to deliver BBC content to the young mobile audience, adopting different strategies for Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Contribute to radio and TV output as well as Digital.
Are you the right candidate?
As the ideal candidate for this role you will have professional experience in sourcing and developing distinctive and creative content for digital platforms and proven excellent writing skills You will have experience of working calmly in an environment where information is being constantly updated along with experience of using editorial judgment in developing story ideas to produce accurate and impartial journalism. You need to have a background of delivering to tight deadlines while maintaining the highest editorial standards and experience of using editing or content production packages.
Contract type: Continuing
Location: Belfast We're happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application
. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression - the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities - our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About the BBC
We don't focus simply on what we do - we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you've read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC - whether that's to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here