We're part of Europe's leading entertainment with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It's a genuine team effort. That's why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
As a valued employee, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What's more, you'll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that's not enough, our impressive Leeds Dock campus offers a variety of other perks including a pool table, ping-pong tables, discounted gym membership, endless local discounts, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
To find out more about working with us, search №LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your key responsibilities:
- You will interpret business requirements and deliver high quality, customer focused technical solutions and implementations meeting and exceeding customer experience and usability requirements.
- You will deliver rich internet applications (RIA), in an agile environment primarily using open source technologies and the best deployment techniques.
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Working in an agile and team driven approach, strive for continuous improvement within the team
- Experience and strong ability in Java Development
- Advocate of TDD and BDD practices
- Experience of OO development and design patterns
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites
- A passion for Agile methodologies and concepts such as XP, Lean, and Kanban
- Exemplary communication and people skills, in a technical or non-technical context
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We're happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make us Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better
Due to Covid-19 recruitment process on some of our roles may take longer than usual. We appreciate your interest and will be in touch as soon as we can.
Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture
embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone
belongs. We’re determined to build a better, more connected world for everyone.