In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Job Duties
A full-stack developer with strong Java skills is offered the opportunity to work from on a brand new in-house agile project, working front-to-back on the delivery of a Client Order Management Platform. This is an exciting project which will deliver a market-leading platform which over-arching multiple internal systems. To further consolidate the offering, the project will deliver Client Order Management via a Web portal and integrate with external Clients via Straight Through Processing using SWIFT MX, FIX Messaging and possible Optical Character Recognition.
LGIM's Client Order Management Team is building out a bespoke application platform in an Agile (SCRUM) development team. This role will involve building the User Interface and Server-side integration services between multiple downstream applications, both internal and external. Dimensions:
Java (JEE / JavaFX), Red Hat EAP & PostgreSQL are the core platforms and products. RESTful services, Websockets and JSON are the key technologies. The target deployment platform for the EE Server and micro services is on Red Hat's Openshift platform. However, we are keen to use the right technology for the job, so it is not limited to the above and actively encourage diverse thinking to problem solving.
Skills RequiredAcademic Qualifications:
- Day-to-day development of business requirements
- Compliance with LGIM code quality measurements (Coverage, complexity etc)
- Documentation of practice, processes and software
Business Knowledge/Professional Qualifications:
- Degree or relevant experience are preferred as minimum.
Skills - Essential
- Knowledge of Asset Management is preferred but not essential.
- Extensive Java:
- Core SDK (1.8+) - Upgrading in 2019.
- JEE 7.
- Application Servers (Red Hat EAP 7).
- Junit 4x & unit test based UI automation.
- Good experience of an event-based UI framework (JavaFX, Swing, Flex, GWT/Vaadin for example).
- Experience of full-stack development including client, server and database.
- Demonstrable experience of building business critical end user systems.
- Agile (SCRUM).
- Knowledge and appreciation of Continuous Integration.
- Relational Database Systems & SQL.
- Websockets API.
- EJB 3.2.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence & FishEye.
- Red Hat's OPENSHIFT (PaaS).
- IntelliJ IDEA.
- BDD - Cucumber.
- JSON Queries.
- EAI Patterns.
- Experience with distributed caching products (i.e. Infinispan) and strategies.
- Production of functional/design specifications.
- Appreciation for working within an IaaS (AWS) model.
- Other EE/Micro Profile Platforms such KumuluzEE, Wildfly Swarm.
- Ability to work to deadlines & be delivery focused
- Willingness & aptitude to learn new skills and to contribute to the team's continuous improvement ethic
- Must demonstrate a pro-active attitude
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 22 days' (with potential to rise to 25 days) holiday, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.