SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a great opportunity to re-position the SNC-Lavalin brand in the eyes of our markets and ahead of our competitors. The combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-L's offerings combined give us the opportunity to continue our growth. The future of engineering and construction is in the greater use of data, combined with technologies to deliver our services more efficiently and bring different offerings to our clients. From apps, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, to mobility as a service and digital asset management, we are combining our traditional engineering skills with technology to fundamentally change the way we do things.
EDPM is the Engineering, Design & Project Management sector of SNC-Lavalin. We plan, design and enable the delivery of complex projects and major programmes across transportation, energy and infrastructure. Primarily made up of Atkins, including Faithful+Gould, we push boundaries and create value as trusted advisors to our clients and partners. Job DetailsPurpose of the Team/Role
The Service Transition and Change Control Team engages with IS staff to ensure that all change (whether Project related, or Change Control) is managed and controlled, from design through to operational. The remit of this team is global and extends to all aspects of service transition and change management, independent of location.Key Deliverables/Responsibilities
- Deliver Service Transition projects, using industry best practice, to ensure the highest possible customer satisfaction from conception to effective business as usual operation.
- Work closely with Project Managers and the APO, and the wider IT department (including external 3rd Parties i.e. managed services) to define the requirements for change
- Proactively highlight operational/support risks and issues to the project manager and make sure they are addressed
- Examines evidence, and evaluates the quality of project outputs against the agreed acceptance criteria, ensure products are produced, on schedule and are fit for purpose
- Ensure operational requirements are included within the project scope and that project documentation is fit for use
- Ensure that go/no-go criteria are met and any exceptions/risks are clearly understood and agreed to by all stakeholders
- Apply a strong level of governance to all new/existing delivery projects before 'go-live'
- Identify all support services readiness activities and ensure they are in place for the go live date
- Reduce risk to IT services by ensuring all Group IS teams understand the implications of change
- Protect the integrity of assets and configuration items through the enforcement of authorised changes
- Manage the Group IS Change Control process when required
- Ensure changes are processed in a timely and accurate manner, the forward schedule of change is produced, and the list of change approvers is maintained
- Highlight changes not conforming to standards, approve changes where appropriate
- When necessary, chair the Change Advisory Board (CAB) and the Emergency CAB
- Considerable experience of working within ITIL aligned Service Management organisation
- Demonstrable experience of working in a Service Transition and Change Management environment
- Good knowledge of a corporate IT environment
- Experience in the IT service industry, gained in transitioning managed services and/or data centre services
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Proven experience of data analysis and good numeracy, analytical and reporting skills
Competencies specific for this role
- Good knowledge of ITIL Service Transition
- Working knowledge of Service Now
- PRINCE II/Agile Methodology/Lean
- IT Service Management expertise
- Communication skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Confidence and professionalism
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: http://www.yourrewardatkins.com Security Clearance:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.