Overview IT Project Manager / Scrum Master
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The insurance companies of Chubb serve multinational corporations, mid-size and small businesses with property and casualty insurance and services; affluent and high net worth individuals with substantial assets to protect; individuals purchasing life, personal accident, supplemental health, homeowners, automobile and other specialty insurance coverage; companies and affinity groups providing or offering accident and health insurance programs and life insurance to their employees or members; and insurers managing exposures with reinsurance coverage. Role Purpose
The EMEA IT team are responsible for understanding the IT demands, priorities and issues within the business teams and making sure all IT requirements are understood and being managed. Working closely with the Global Development Centre (application development & infrastructure, based in Crawley) and the regional Business Change team, the EMEA IT team ensure that all service issues are addressed and project demand is met and managed through the agreed governance process.
Working within the EMEA IT Delivery team, the IT Project Manager will be responsible for managing projects assigned to them, covering the full project lifecycle from ideation and initiation - understanding the business objectives and benefits and getting approval for the project to proceed - through the requirements gathering & delivery phases, and transition to the BAU teams. This is a critical role in the IT organisation and the PM will work closely with the IT management teams and many of the key business stakeholders to ensure projects are delivery in time and on budget.
As part of the PM responsibilities, assigned projects will be a combination of projects delivered by the regional IT teams, vendors and through the GDC. The PM will be responsible for making sure projects are initiated and structured correctly, the project sponsor and stakeholders are engaged and projects progress to plan.
Chubb is undertaking a transformation to a more agile delivery organisation and as such is essential that the job applicant has experience of working in an Agile environment and preferably experience of working as a scrum master. Key Responsibilities
- Assume PM responsibilities on assigned projects being run within the EMEA IT team
- Work closely with the nominated project sponsor, business owner and key stakeholders to ensure project requirements are understood and delivered on time and in budget
- Organise and chair project & steering meetings as required to ensure projects are progressed, key stakeholders are engaged and risks & issues are being managed
- Organise and chair stakeholder meetings & workshops as required to ensure the project scope and requirements are understood
- Manage and work within cross functional project teams made up from the IT team (regional & GDC), Business Change & business reps (UW, operations, claims, etc.)
- Manage projects during the early feasibility and initiation process to ensure the objectives, benefits, delivery method and resource/costs are agreed and understood
- Manage project budgets in accordance with the agreed procedures and ensure project governance is followed and approvals obtained, including the annual planning process
- Maintain project artefacts (charter, plan, risk/issues log, status reports, requirements document etc.) and progress projects in accordance with the defined PMO standards
- Promote best PM practice and standards within the IT, PMO areas and assist with driving improvements
- Able to manage / facilitate in an Agile way where appropriate and contribute to the Agile transformation
- PRINCE 2 practitioner (or equivalent)
- Agile qualification e.g. Scrum Master, Agile PM (or equivalent)
- 5+ years PM experience managing IT projects (insurance preferable)
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrate history of working closely with both business stakeholders and technical teams
- Experience working with vendors (desirable)
- MS Project & Office
- Able to travel for meetings/workshops in UK branches (Crawley in particular)
London - Leadenhall Job Function:
Information Technology Employment Type:
Join Our Talent Network
We came a long way in a very short space of time.