An opportunity has arisen for an IT Internal Control Manager to join our Derby team. This role can be flexible on location but travel to Derby is required at least 3 days per week
The Internal Control team helps our business continuously improve through identifying pragmatic solutions to process and control problems. We provide assurance and advice to help our business stay in control whilst growing profitably. We do this by continually assessing the internal control environment and providing advice at all levels covering first line transactional controls, second line compliance and senior management supervisory and oversight responsibilities.
As an IT Internal Control Manager you will be responsible for the provision of guidance and consulting activity to define, manage and monitor the Group's internal control system with a particular focus on finance systems, processes and controls. You will provide process, tools and insight to improve and assure the integrity of IT controls over critical finance systems and financial information. You will help to provide assurance to the Board, Audit Committee and Executive Management on the effectiveness of the internal control system.
You will have the opportunity to work within a rapidly growing area and contribute to its long running success. The size of the team provides the opportunity for all team-members to work alongside and communicate with senior management on a day-to-day basis.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.Key Responsibilities:
- Using your specialist knowledge, and previous experience, to provide the business and the Internal Control colleagues with technical support on best practice IT internal controls.
- Creating a clear vision of what IT internal controls are needed and why and providing advice to resolve IT control problems and develop improved IT controls that operate in the most efficient and effective way.
- Constructively challenging current IT internal controls, leading and performing testing, and working with the business to ensure actions are appropriately prioritised and closed.
- Influencing and working with employees at all levels, and particularly senior management, clearly explaining the importance of good internal controls and opportunities for improvements. The role requires continual coordination and negotiation with numerous groups from within and outside the company, including our external auditors.
- Subject matter expert for spreadsheet control testing, including being the 'system owner' of the spreadsheet validation tool, and providing training and guidance to business and Internal Control colleagues.
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) qualification or equivalent
- And a professional financial or audit qualification
- Subject matter expert in establishing an internal control system within an organisation
- Experience in implementing SOX controls and a SOX compliance programme is highly desirable
- Strong verbal and numerical analytical ability
- Good communication skills to enable you to question, listen, interpret and explain concepts
- Resilient, self-motivated and accomplished at forming relationships and influencing people at all levels in the company.
You will be willing and able to travel to our operations anywhere in the world from time to time (if required)
We offer excellent opportunities to develop, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discountsPioneer
the next generation of innovation. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brillianceBeyond tomorrow
We are an equal opportunities employer. We're committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we'll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here .
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.Closing date:
30th August 2019Job Category
Finance Posting Date
19 Aug 2019; 00:08