Overview IT Finance Analyst
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The insurance companies of Chubb serve multinational corporations, mid-size and small businesses with property and casualty insurance and services; affluent and high net worth individuals with substantial assets to protect; individuals purchasing life, personal accident, supplemental health, homeowners, automobile and other specialty insurance coverage; companies and affinity groups providing or offering accident and health insurance programs and life insurance to their employees or members; and insurers managing exposures with reinsurance coverage.
With $150 billion in assets and $37 billion of gross written premiums in 2014* on a pro forma basis, Chubb's core operating insurance companies maintain financial strength ratings of AA from Standard & Poor's and A++ from A.M. Best.
Chubb's parent company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index.
Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
The IT Finance Analyst is responsible for supporting the end to end process of the Global Data Centre financial analysis, reporting, planning and forecasting. The Global Data Centre (GDC) provides IT project development and infrastructure development for other Chubb affiliates. The GDC expense budget for 2020 is $100m. As a Service company, the GDC should have no residual profit or loss and attempts to recharge 100% of that budget out to the Chubb affiliates.
This end to end process will include the review and support of the overall GDC Apptio Implementation, projects and expense within the P&L (Cadence). It will involve developing the forecast and 5 Year Strategy processes and timely communication of issues and changes to all GDC and COG stakeholders (Management including CFOs in the regions for Asia Pac, Latin America and Japan). The role holder will closely liaise with GDC Infrastructure Management, GDC Financial Accountant, demonstrating understanding of the key drivers through articulation of the results to the respective GDC and COG stakeholders.
Assist the GDC IT Finance Manager and support them on improving processes and other adhoc projects.
The role holder reports directly to the GDC IT Finance Manager who is located in the Crawley Office. Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Experience:
- Support and Management of the forecasting and 5-year strategy plans
- Timely and quality submission of the GDC spend, projects and expense forecast which will include preparation and review of analytical review commentary for the forecast reporting for the quarter ends and Full year for the monthly forecast cycle. This will involve close liaison with GDC Management, GDC Financial Accountant, Business Owners and COG stakeholders.
- Develop the existing forecasting and planning processes to ensure key responsibilities 1 and 2 above can be met.
- Support and Manage the IT Project Kale (Brexit) allocations for all reporting, forecasting and planning process and ensure that the conversion of the IT support expense is well understood and that a demonstrable audit trail exists to support financial reporting.
- Timely and quality submission of the monthly/ quarterly reports which include analysis and explanation of variances to plan, forecast and ITFD for distribution to GDC Management
- Manage and drive the integration of Apptio and ensure we fully utilise the Tool and reduce the excel burden
- Challenge the status quo, but ensure that the GDC information requirement of the GDC and COG stakeholders are met to enable them manage their expenses effectively. This will include proactively identifying areas of risk and opportunity within the GDC expense base.
- Through Apptio drive excel efficiencies and consistency across the GDC and EMEA.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Commercial Acumen
- High level of analytical ability and process analysis
- Strong Systems and Excel knowledge
- High orientation to on-time delivery
- Proven record of meeting tight deadlines
- IT Finance FP&A experience
- Experience of dealing effectively with people at all levels (both financial & non financial)
- Ideally previous experience working on business change projects
- Graduate accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA), with appropriate post qualification experience / Qualified by experience
Crawley - Ashdown House Job Function:
Information Technology Employment Type:
Fixed Term Contractor (FTC)
Join Our Talent Network
We came a long way in a very short space of time.