About TT Games
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK"s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller"s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly - one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we"re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
Tt Games wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
TT Games Studios Limited, a division of WB Games Inc., are looking for an IT Director who will be an integral member of the TT leadership team and the WBIE global IT team. This role will manage the IT function and closely collaborate with business process owners to identify, recommend, implement and support technology solutions.
In addition, you will oversee and participate in day-to-day IT infrastructure, game technologies, applications and desktop support operations and work closely with colleagues across the wider WB group.
We are looking for self-motivated candidates, comfortable with taking ownership and providing leadership in a collaborative manner. Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the studio IT team, including recruitment, day to day supervision, development and performance management.
- Supervise and mentor team, conducting annual reviews and regular 1:1s and other activities designed to ensure a smooth workflow and effective communication.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organisation"s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Work closely with the WBIE Global IT team on projects and strategic initiatives
- Develop and maintain budget for the IT team, as well as IT-related spending within project teams.
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place to maintain a reliable and productive work environment for studio personnel.
- Oversee and work on negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Work with IT leadership and the studio management team to formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for enabling efficient technologies and provide the tools needed to support development.
- Demonstrate relevant IT experience, including time served in a management position.
- Management and leadership experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, sometimes geographically disparate collaborative environment.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and project management.
- Understanding of the game industry technology processes not essential but a plus.
- Bachelor"s Degree and/or equivalent work experience required.
- Solid understanding and technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Infrastructure knowledge including SANs, firewalls, virtualization
- Good understanding of IT concepts such as Cloud Computing and Business Process Automation.
- Experience with ITIL or similar.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.