UK Job Description Description
Leading the second line Deskside support team, provide general and second level hardware and application support to end-users. This includes deskside and face to face support, AV Support as well as informal and one-on-one training.The Firm
Reed Smith is a global law firm with more than 1,700 lawyers in 29 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States.
Operating as one global partnership, we represent leading international businesses from FTSE 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises; advising clients on cross border transactions, international commercial disputes and regulation. We specialise in industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, energy and natural resources, entertainment and media, shipping and real estate.
We all share a common culture, with core values supporting the firm's commitment to add value, achieve excellence, and promote professional development. London is our largest office with approximately 700 people, including over 350 fee earners across the full range of commercial practice areas. Consistent with the firm's strategy, the office has grown significantly over the past five years. Key to this growth has been our ability to successfully integrate new hires into our business and give them a platform to flourish. We place a huge significance on listening to our people and incorporating their ideas wherever possible. Responsibilities
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience
- Provide deskside support on various applications, including MS Office 2010 Suite, Windows 16, Worksite, Internet & Intranet, telephone, Unity Messaging, Citrix, time recording, Big Hand, Blackberry Work and proprietary applications.
- Provide deskside support to hardware including but not exclusively to Dell laptops, Microsoft Surface, Dell desktops, iPhone, cisco phone, and monitors.
- Provide second level support on issues escalated from the IT Help Desk in the US, and other support teams in EME.
- Escalate problems to the appropriate Analyst, Programmer, Supervisor, or Manager when necessary. Assist with information gathering, communication, or as requested in the resolution of escalated problems.
- Provide walkabout training as needed and/or when time permits.
- Maintain required recordkeeping, including logging issues into the help desk database, and anything else as directed.
- Report unusual, alarming, or recurring problems to the appropriate team of Analysts, Programmers, Supervisors, or Managers when necessary.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Firm deployed applications.
- Maintain laptop distribution pool and provide support to primary laptop users, which includes preparing laptops for distribution and keeping an updated activity log.
- Providing assistance in testing new or upgraded applications.
- Set up presentations, videoconferences and online-meetings.
- Work with HR/Recruiting to initiate and guide New Hires through IT eLearning courses.
- Occasionally travel to other offices as needed for special projects or providing coverage when another office is short staffed.
- Special projects as requested by the IT Support Services Manager or the IT Director.
- Remain current on marketplace trends and Reed Smith application developments in order to provide on-time service to users.
- May volunteer or be selected to serve on special committees or project teams working on various firmwide IT initiatives. Initiatives may be specific one-time events (e.g., research, testing, rollouts, upgrades, installations) or ongoing activities.
- Ensure that tickets to the London Support queue are allocated fairly across the team.
- Work with the IT Help Desk Supervisor or Lead to review inaccurate tickets logged by IT Help Desk Specialists to improve ticket handling and escalation.
- Responsible for providing on-going written feedback to the Manager of Operations and specifically during the annual evaluation period for all existing staff.
- Perform back-up duties to the Regional Manager of Operations. Handle all day-to-day issues as necessary.
- Responsible for handling additional administrative functions eg, Accounts over 90 days terminated, Outlook Audit Permissions and similar such reports.
- Chairing the weekly Team meeting. Gathering agenda ahead of meetings and documenting actions out of such meetings.
- Regular reviews of HEAT ageing ticket in HEAT queues.
- Strong PC, Windows, and applications knowledge. Technical skills required: Active Directory, MS Outlook, Windows 10, Citrix, MS Office 2016, Internet/Intranet technology, printers & printing, PC Desktop and Laptop hardware knowledge, call logging systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
- Able to work on multiple projects/priorities in a deadline-driven environment. Must be able to remain calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a customer-service focus and attitude at all times.
- Capable of working individually and as part of a team
- Ability to take the lead on projects and problems when requested or as appropriate
- Procurement, installation, and support of all local smartphones (I-Phone, Blackberry Work)
- Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies, and network troubleshooting.
- Excellent time management, with a flexible approach to ensure adequate support for the office.
- Ability to work well with 3rd line global teams.
- Ability to supervise team of 4/5 analysts, allocate workload, arrange rota and cover, chair weekly team meeting, 1-2-1 meetings with team to review objectives and WIP.
- Ability to balance BAU with projects without service levels dropping.
- Ability to lead by example and motivate team members to carry out work to a high standard.
- Work closely with team Manager to ensure metrics, HEAT stats, and ticketing data is accurate and up to date. Monitor and raise requests for office equipment such as PC's, Laptops, Monitors and other peripherals.
At Reed Smith, we welcome direct applications either in response to one of our advertised vacancies or on a speculative basis. Please click on the "Apply Now" button to submit your details and we will be in touch.
No search firms/agencies please.
Reed Smith's success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, veteran's status, or any characteristic protected by law. As a firm, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities or long-term health conditions. If you have a disability or a long-term health condition and require adjustments to be made for you within the recruitment process, please contact a member of the Recruitment team. For more information on our approach to diversity and inclusion please visit our website .