We're currently looking for a Senior IT Auditor to join our Global Internal Audit team based in Nottingham. This is a highly visible role which will have significant exposure to senior stakeholders with a varied set of responsibilities.
Our team are pretty extraordinary when it comes to Internal Audit, bringing bags of personality and passion to a technical and challenging area.
Reporting directly to the IT Audit Director, the Senior IT Auditor plays a key role in delivering independent assurance over the design and effectiveness of internal controls within the UK&I, EMEA and APAC regions of Experian, and influencing changes to the control environment so that risk is managed more effectively. This position gives the holder a tremendous insight into all aspects of the Experian business, with high levels of exposure to senior management.
This is a great chance for an experienced auditor to join a truly global team and learn more about the world of Experian, and this will come with plenty of stretch, development and challenge. So much so that this role is regarded as a means of developing our managerial talent of the future.
What does a Senior IT Auditor at Experian do?
Day to day you can expect to be responsible for the following:
- Plan and scope local and global audits and agree them with management, identify key risks and associated controls as part of your walkthrough and testing process.
- When assigned the role of 'Lead Auditor', coordinate the audit process with key stakeholders, manage the activities of other internal auditors (local and overseas) assigned to the project.
- Identify and agree impactful issues that drive positive change in the organization.
- Prepare draft reports reflecting the results of work performed, and agree the findings and proposed actions with the business owners. Present findings to senior managers of the business and the Global Internal Audit Executive management team.
- Perform follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues where necessary
- Undertake other ad hoc, project and investigation work as required
- Act as a champion for the concepts of internal control and risk throughout Experian
- Maintain a professional development plan to improve technical, interpersonal and management skills consistent with Experian's requirements and talent management philosophy
- Contribute to GIA global and local teams through professional skills, technical expertise, energy and motivation.
Around 20% of your time will be spent travelling to a number of our different offices overseas, so this is a great opportunity to raise your profile across a truly global organisation. What are we looking for?
We're looking for someone who has IT controls experience and can bring real passion and personality to the team. You need to be able to translate the world of audit into non-technical language to stakeholders across our business.
In particular, it's essential for you to possess the following:
What do you get in return?
- Degree educated or control certified
- Proven auditing experience or similar role in a technical or risk environment
- Advantageous to have experience in any of the following; cyber security, agile software development, dev ops environment and cloud environments experience.
- CISA qualified or studying towards
- Ability to influence stakeholders, bringing gravitas to the role to gain buy in from process owners and senior management
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- A commercial and pragmatic approach to governance and change
- An approach that champions collaboration and consultation
- Exposure to a large multinational organisation or "Big 4" professional services as well as experience or qualifications in Audit would be advantageous, but not essential. Experience in financial services or similar regulatory environments would also be beneficial.
In return, we'll offer you a competitive base salary, continuous professional coaching and development, as well as offering a working environment full of bright, high potential individuals.
With a Senior IT Auditor position at Experian, you'll find far more than what's in the job description. You'll discover a comprehensively rewarding career.
As the leading global information services company, Experian's vision is for our people, data and technology to become a necessary part of every major consumer economy in the world. That's an exciting challenge, and it's one that our Global Internal Audit (GIA) professionals are pursuing with skill and passion. If you're ready to take your place on our talented team, consider the IT Senior Auditor role and join us at Experian.