Our Customer Investment Team is currently seeking an Investment Manager, to support the Head of Customer Investments on the investment strategy, monitoring investment performance, providing oversight, governance and risk management for UK Life in relation to unit linked portfolios.
The Customer Investment team is responsible for the management and oversight of the investment strategy of our customer assets (i.e. Unit Linked and With Profits funds). The role of the team is threefold: ensure that our customers funds' investment strategy remains appropriate over time with the fund's objectives, ensure that the funds perform in the way our customers expect them to be and to develop new product or enhance existing ones to answer customers' demand and market opportunities.
Come and join our team, we would love for you to be a part of our innovative growth plans! As the Investment Manager, you will be responsible for recommending changes in investment strategy to better meet the objectives of the fund. This will consist of asset allocation (including additional asset classes where appropriate), benchmark, risk budget, process, style and manager selection having regard to customer expectations and performance objectives. You will support the design and implementation of investment strategies for unit linked investments considering the risk, customer and regulatory constraints. Along with working together to support the development of new product to help drive the growth strategy within our business and with our Saving and Retirement business. Responsibilities in the role:
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Provide support to monitor the investment performance of designated funds
- Build positive relationships with Aviva Investors, other fund managers and key partners in UK Insurance, improving efficiency of services, and transparent identification, escalation and resolution of issues
- Produce management information to support Exco, Investment Committee and UK Life Boards
- Provide investment oversight of the asset managers appointed to manage our customers' assets, provide remediation plans if performance doesn't meet our expectations
- Identify, define, recommend and implement new investment strategy including new products, new asset classes to continue to meet our customers' expectations
- Review the Environment (including our climate strategy), social and governance integration within our products to ensure they remain in line with our Responsible Investment Policy
- Develop reporting MI for our boards to update them on the performance of the assets
- Deep understanding of investment issues and performance drivers relevant to a Life insurance company
- Highly numerate and analytical with a developed capability to interpret data and establish alternatives and solutions to complex problems
- Strong communicator - able to build productive relationships and influence for positive outcomes in challenging situations
- Have a detailed knowledge of statutory, legal and regulatory frameworks and corporate governance
- Likely to have significant experience in the finance function of an insurance company
- Proven ability in finance/operational risk management
- Experience of lifestyle and/or liability managed investments
- Proven ability in setting and monitoring complex investment mandates
What will you get for this role?
- Qualified to degree level with strong academic record
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA/IMC) with post-qualification experience
Working at Aviva
- Salary up to £40,000 - £55,000 depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing. We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you. We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job
. Just send us an email
once you've applied stating that you have a disclosed
disability, we'll make sure we interview you.
We'd love it if you could submit your application online
. If you require an alternative method
of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010
*. By 'minimum criteria'
we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.