In addition to having a leading position in the UK, we have selectively expanded into new markets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US. We believe that translating our capabilities to reflect the needs of our international clients will mean we are well placed to help them achieve their objectives.
*LGIM internal data as at 31 December 2017, including derivative positions and advisory assets. These figures include assets managed by LGIMA, an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Department Info
LGIM manages fixed income, equity, multi-asset, liability-driven investment, property and alternative solutions on behalf of its clients. Located across the globe, our clients include institutional pension funds, financial institutions, local authorities and sovereign wealth funds. In order to meet the complex and evolving investment needs of our clients, we focus on remaining at the forefront of investment product innovation and maintaining our reputation as experts across all asset classes.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Job Duties
- Writing and editing fund, economic and financial market commentary and content for sales materials, press articles and thought leadership aimed at European markets, with a focus on ETFs. The Investment Writer will have responsibility for fund reporting, helping create events copy, awards submissions and will help craft and deliver investment communications via social media (blogs, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- The Investment Writer will create, edit and proof read written content for LGIM's marketing materials with an emphasis on high-quality, compliant copy. They will also build successful relationships with LGIM's fund managers, economists and product specialists to assist in representing 'house' investment views across many different LGIM business channels. The Investment Writer will also be responsible for maximising opportunities to develop LGIM's brand in Europe.
- In addition, the Investment Writer will be responsible for producing/updating a content pipeline, video content and marketing reporting packs as well as attending specific meetings as required.
- Produce regular fund commentary for LGIM's range of funds for use in quarterly institutional reports.
- Maintain an understanding of LGIM's economic and market forecasts and produce regular market review and outlook commentary for use in regular reporting and promotional material.
- Create, edit and proof read content for marketing material with emphasis on high quality, compliant writing that articulates LGIM's value proposition messages and supports our brand positioning. Including collateral, advertorials and social media activity.
- Build successful relationships with fund managers, economists, product specialists and other senior members of LGIM staff.
- Attend regular investment meetings and communicate themes back to broader sales and marketing team.
- Maximise opportunities to develop LGIM brand in Europe.
- Act as a central contact point for investment commentary for LGIM's different sales and client facing teams.
- Produce regular fund reports for the business and support other investment communications team members in peak reporting periods to relieve pressure and remove potential bottlenecks.
- Provide copy for thought leadership video scripts, social media platforms, events and awards submissions.
- Contribute to origination, production and delivery of thought leadership.
- Provide investment commentary for journalists, to support PR campaigns.
- Provide editorial oversight of LGIM's institutional suite of fund commentary and support the retail marketing team to ensure consistent market views.
- Coordinate and proof read content from external writers.
- Work with other investment communications team members and provide cover, as required.
- Optimise thought leadership for greatest client impact across channels, including leveraging social media to improve the reach of LGIM's publications.
- Provide first-class, dedicated investment communications support to the European and ETF distribution teams, as well as investments and other distribution channels as required.
- Deliver thought leadership, articles, collateral and other written content to support the team's strategic objectives.
- Attend ETF and European distribution meetings and contribute ideas for originating new content.
- Support marketing and other areas of the business when investment communications help is required.
- At least three years of writing experience in an institutional asset management company, or an agency serving the investment industry or a news outlet covering the industry.
- Editing and proofreading experience.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and demonstrated proficiency in writing for a variety of audiences.
- Deep knowledge of the ETF product structure and understanding of the requirements of European investors.
- A strong command of global financial and investment topics, a keen sense of business priorities, and an ability to quickly grasp and communicate the relevance and distinguishing characteristics of one investment approach over another.
- Fund reporting experience is desirable along with sound knowledge of various asset classes across LGIM.
- Knowledge of crafting messages for social media platforms is desirable.
- Native proficiency or fluency in an additional European language to English desirable (Italian/German preferred).
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, at least 22 days' (with potential to rise to 25 days) holiday, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.